Change font size   Print view

Compatible motherboards

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Compatible motherboards

Postby arjepsen » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Hey.
Does anyone have a list with specific motherboards that are known to work?
Actually, what I'm aiming for, is trying to replace the motherboard in my HDR with one that's pentium 3 compatible.
I know the d8b doesn't really benefit from the extra power, but I'm thinking the HDR just might - anyway it's something I'd like to test, but I don't want to blindly buy a random 440bx motherboard, so that's why I'm asking what other people know works - apart from the ones that were used by Mackie.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Compatible motherboards

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Hey arjepsen;

I can't answer your question but maybe this should be moved to the HDR forum. I looked through the DATABASE (quickly) and didn't see anything related to your Q.

Mike Rivers may be able to shed some light on this subject. He visits that forum from time-to-time or you can reach him though Word Press, or Google (or whatever) his name (Mike Rivers, Audio Guy) it should come up.

I know that the d8b and HDR/MDR are very fussy when it come to a lot of things and motherboards is one.

Hope that helps and post back.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Compatible motherboards

Postby arjepsen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:53 pm

I know. I posted here, because there's less activity on the HDR page, and because I presume the OS requirements in regards to the motherboard are the same as for the d8b.
Anyways, I'll try shooting Mike a mail - I've contacted him before, and he's very forthcoming.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum