Change font size   Print view

Motor Fader Replacement Part #

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Motor Fader Replacement Part #

Postby Sid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:01 am

Does anybody have a line on a motor fader replacement part #? Or fader to sell? After some google-fu It looks like an ALPS. Would a new Touch sensitive fader work as s replacement? (not including touch sens of course)..

Looking for any sort of info here if at all possible please! 10K linear or log taper? I emailed mackie support, and they of course had none ;) I'm gonna call my local shop if they have a line on any, but I feel I will be paying alot for it through them, if they have a line on any.. I only need the one to get this board back up to her full potential!

Thanks,
Sid.
Sid

Re: Motor Fader Replacement Part #

Postby Crash » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:19 pm

You might try this guy.

KnRAllMedia wrote:In case the oil and cleaning doesn't work, I have OEM faders to replace the impossibley sticky ones. There is a YouTube video on what you need to do. You do not need to send the entire mixer in to have this corrected. The video is "Mackie D8B Fix" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftIfouVpYh4&list=UU2vw3ItfhuBxju4enXcPeRQ&index=10&feature=plcp
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Sid » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:29 am

Thanks,

I don't need to send the board out for repair though thanks.

We've had a good look at the schematic.. it may not be a fader after all.. In fact, that I can successfully read all values 00-FF from it suggests maybe it isn't. Gotta break out the scope tomorrow night and have alook at possibly the drive transistors, or the U101/U102 opamps.

Thanks anyways.
Sid.
Sid

Postby Crash » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:00 pm

I was thinking you could just source the fader from this guy, not send anything in.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum