Change font size   Print view

Good Deal ?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Good Deal ?

Postby audiopro69 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Have a line on a pristine D8b, seems like it was a demo unit never used, original boxes look brand new as does the CPU and console.

has no I/O cards, 1 MFX card, stock clock card, and EPROM upgrade for OPT ADAT cards and the older CPU running 2.0 OS $400

Considering it would need I/O of choice, OS 5.0 upgrade and most def the Apogee Clock card is it a good deal?

Am I going to be able to update to 5.0?
audiopro69

Re: Good Deal ?

Postby Crash » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:29 pm

That is a great deal. This is configured the way they left the factory in terms of clock card and F/X card. OS 3 is quite nice compared to OS 2 but as you have seen in the other thread, V5 is up in the air for now. You will n ot get the HUI layer without it. OPT.8 cards are realtively affordable as are the DIO.8 cards. Apogee clock card is hot and miss on finding and ususall realtively expensive when you do locate one. This same rig was close to $10K when it first came out in the late 90's.

If it has been sitting that long, it will need a new motherboard battery and the bios settings reset so you don't get the "Error 43" message when the console fails to boot.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Good Deal ?

Postby makarios72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:48 am

Hey did this item ever go? There was no further information one way or the other.
makarios72

Return to d8b Forum