Change font size   Print view

word clock withouit apogee card

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: word clock withouit apogee card

Postby seasiderecording » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:23 pm

Thank you for your help. It seems that the Dio8 card that I had in #1 slot was bad. When I clocked to one of the other 2 cards it worked. Two of the channels on those cards of noise and distortion but others work.
Unfortunately I have a bigger problem now. I tried setting the monitor refresh rate to 60 as recommended by our media department so I could project the d8b on our wall screen with a projector in my classroom. The d8b keeps cycling on startup and never completes. any Ideas. I will post this as I new topic. I did a search already.
apogee clock, MOTU 2408, Mac 2.66 quad powermac, Digital Performer, D8b owner since 2000
seasiderecording

Postby Carlo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:23 pm

Video Monitor Refresh Rate for V5 and V5.1: Warning
Courtesy: SteveT

Do not attempt to change the Video monitor Refresh Rate under “Windows menu>Setup>Refresh Rate” if using O.S. V5 or V5.1.

This may incur a fatal crash that can only be rectified by a full format of your HD and re-installation of the OS.

Mackie report:
Issue #40: Changing the refresh rate has no effect.
Workaround: None. Do not change the refresh rate.

Some users have reported problems, others have not. Whatever, to change it makes no difference to the monitor’s appearance so it’s best left alone.

If you have not kept back-ups of all mixes etc. and this problem occurs, you will lose all of your data.
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:25 pm

If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum