Change font size   Print view

D8b Keeps cycling on startup

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

D8b Keeps cycling on startup

Postby seasiderecording » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Unfortunately I have a bigger problem now. I tried setting the monitor refresh rate to 60 as recommended by our media department so I could project the d8b on our wall screen with a projector in my classroom. The d8b keeps cycling on startup and never completes. It gets to application frame installed and then quits, doing this endlessly. any Ideas? I will post this as I new topic. I did a search already.
apogee clock, MOTU 2408, Mac 2.66 quad powermac, Digital Performer, D8b owner since 2000
seasiderecording

Re: D8b Keeps cycling on startup

Postby Crash » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 pm

Pulled from the database:

Do not attempt to change the Video monitor Refresh Rate under “Windows menu>Setup>Refresh Rate” if using O.S. V5 or V5.1.

This may incur a fatal crash that can only be rectified by a full format of your HD and re-installation of the OS.

Mackie report:
Issue #40: Changing the refresh rate has no effect.
Workaround: None. Do not change the refresh rate.

Some users have reported problems, others have not. Whatever, to change it makes no difference to the monitor’s appearance so it’s best left alone.

If you have not kept back-ups of all mixes etc. and this problem occurs, you will lose all of your data.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby seasiderecording » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 pm

thanks, They should have eliminated this option if it is so fatal. It actually did allow our classroom projector to display the cpu where it was unable to before.
I am still on v3 on this d8b since mackie is unable to authorize 5.1 at this time. Sounds like I need to try and reformat. Can this be done within the mackie cpu. I have no idea how to do this. I'm a mac person. Thanks for the information. Joel
apogee clock, MOTU 2408, Mac 2.66 quad powermac, Digital Performer, D8b owner since 2000
seasiderecording

Postby doktor1360 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:09 pm

seasiderecording wrote:thanks, They should have eliminated this option if it is so fatal. It actually did allow our classroom projector to display the cpu where it was unable to before.
I am still on v3 on this d8b since mackie is unable to authorize 5.1 at this time. Sounds like I need to try and reformat. Can this be done within the mackie cpu. I have no idea how to do this. I'm a mac person. Thanks for the information. Joel

ANY partitioning utility will get this done - I use 'gparted' on Fedora Linux; can't help you out w/ the Mac at the moment, but maybe this is will work:

http://osxdaily.com/2009/11/20/resize-partitions-in-mac-os-x-with-disk-utility/

If you can edit the parition, REMOVE it and unallocate the drive (read RAW disk) - you can get away with an FDISK MS-DOS partition at the CLI, but I've always just unallocated them by erasing the disk to an unallocated state and soldiered on with the install, the Mackie OS installer takes care of the rest of the overhead...

Hope this was helpful... and of course you knew it was coming, so here it is:
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "Your actual mileage may vary..." :mrgreen:
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Try and install the software fist before you format....
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum