Change font size   Print view

New to DBB

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

New to DBB

Postby paulertel » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:37 pm

I am brand new to the D8B. I bought a used board, hooked it up and I can not get a sound out of the board unless I have it in solo mode with aux 1 button pressed. I have the channel line in inputs from a sound module and my 2408 (using Sonar 2) Any help would be appreciated. I am pretty sure there is a button that I am not pushing. I was trying to figure out how to do a default restore because this could be attributed to the settings the last guy had on the mixer? There is no control from any of the faders.
Thanks,
Paul
paulertel

Re: New to DBB

Postby anyhorizon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:12 pm

If you're getting sound via the strange method you've articulated then I assume you have a clock card installed. Do you get sound if you select Master L/R buss at the top of each channel strip?

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby paulertel » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:35 pm

I looked at the board and there wasn't a master L/R bus at the top of each channel strip. Are you referring to the mixer on the computer screen. I don't have a mouse for that yet so I haven't been using it. If I were to press the "new" button would I get a new mixing scene and maybe previous settings that where customized by the previous owner would not be on the board?
Thanks Paul
paulertel

Postby FrankH » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Paul:

Hmmm...no mouse, eh? OK. What you need is a reasonable tutorial on how to set the surface controls to get you going.

http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/files/userg ... Bv5_OM.pdf

The first 10 pages or so will walk you through the process. It is a well laid out step by step guide that should get you positive results in minutes without the use of a mouse or keyboard. The obvious advice is to get mouse (and keyboard, if you don't have that either) ASAP as the GUI interface can be more user-friendly than the board controls/indicators/fluorescent display interfaces when it comes to basic I/O status/setup.

Keep in mind that if your sound source is coming from your DAW, via Lightpipes to installed ADAT capable cards, then you need to work with Fader Bank 2 (Channels 25-48). If you are testing with mics 1 thru 12, then you need Fader Bank 1 (Channels 1-24) active.

If you get stuck....come on back. It helps a lot if we know what your D8B is loaded up with: OS version, audio card types, clock card type and FX cards (and the slots they are in).
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby paulertel » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Thank you for your help. I went to a goodwill store and found a mouse with the old school non usb plug. I think my problem was the settings of the previous user. When I started a new project mix I immediately was able to use the faders.
Thank you for your input.
-Paul
paulertel

Return to d8b Forum