Change font size   Print view

new monitor speakers

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: new monitor speakers

Postby Old School » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:33 am

Hi Crash,
The 4410's are not my nearfield monitors, I have a pair of Events for that. I have used a number of other quality modern amplifiers with the 4410's and I could never mix through them till now, and its not a matter of power (the phase linear only has 200 watts per channel) , its a matter of the transients being accurately reproduced and the high end sounds like it had some frequencies pulled out through the other amps. I can tell much more about what is going on in the range below 70hz with this amp. All I can say is that I revisited old mixes and could immediately hear things that were out of balance and fix them. I'm not trying to say room treatments don't help your mix, I'm just saying that for me, the money I spent on this amp made a much bigger difference than a room treatment that would cost more.

Have a blessed day,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Sorry, I was not trying to say that the 4410 was a nearfield, I was just curious to see if you were using them in such a manner. I have seen some stupid big speakers monitors mounted on meter bridges over the years so nothing surprises me. Out of curiosity, have you tried another older amp, like an old Carver or something to see if you get the same result?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Red Carpet » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:14 pm

also look at equator audio i own the q10 they are really amazing and you can buy them straight from the factory
Red Carpet

Previous

Return to d8b Forum