Change font size   Print view

d8b trying to use MOTU 2408 Mk 2 and Sonar w/ lightpipes

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b trying to use MOTU 2408 Mk 2 and Sonar w/ lightpipes

Postby paulertel » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:28 pm

I seem to be having a difficult time getting my computer DAW working with the ADAT light pipes. I have a MOTU 2408 Mk2 and I and using Sonar 2. I am not sure how to set everything up so Sonar recognizes the incoming digital signal and so the d8b recognizes the digital signal back from the computer. I am sure I have the light pipes plugged in correctly and I also have the word clock cable plugged in, not sure that is correct though. I have spent hours on this with no success. I have been through the manuals but must be missing something. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul
paulertel

Re: d8b trying to use MOTU 2408 Mk 2 and Sonar w/ lightpipes

Postby Crash » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

I am not failiar with any of your gear other than the d8b. Do you have an Apogee clock card or are you trying to clock via the bnc on a DIO.8 card? What is the master clock in this set up?
Last edited by Crash on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby paulertel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:28 am

I have the adat card and it has a bnc on the adat card. I have the db8 as the master and the Motu as the external receive I think!
Thanks,
Paul
paulertel

Postby Carlo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:21 am

Do not connect any BNC cables with your DIO card on the d8b. Have you tried to open the control panel of the motu on your PC and set the clock to ADAT group A? This is the only method if you are going to clock through ADAT. If you have an APOGEE clock card on your D8b i recommend to clock through BNC and set the MOTU control panel for wordclock. I'm not at the studio at the moment so i dont have my PC to check the exact details. If you dont manage to get the beast running i will try i give you more details late tonight.
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Looks like Carlo has you sorted. He is correct in regards to your clocking with DIO.8 card. That is a Tascam proprietary connection with the clock signal being flipped 180 degrees out and is for use with Tascam digital gear only as I recall. You can clock through the light pipes via embedded clock signal if you don't have an Apogee clock card.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby paulertel » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:32 am

Thank you I will disconnect the BNC cable and try to do it through the ADAT pies and direct through the MOTU program.
-Paul
paulertel

Return to d8b Forum