Change font size   Print view

Do I actually have the right ADAT Card?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Do I actually have the right ADAT Card?

Postby paulertel » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:46 pm

I have been struggling with trying to get a digital signal to the d8b from my MOTU 2408. The card in the back of the d8b that I am plugging into has an input for TDIF and adat and sync. Is this the correct card or do I need a card that just has optical/Adat. I could always try just the TDIF in this card but I don't have one of those cables yet. Any wisdom on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Paul
paulertel

Re: Do I actually have the right ADAT Card?

Postby Crash » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:48 pm

I just found this on the Mackie site. This could be your issue.

Can the DIO-8 card derive word clock from the light pipe input?
No. Like the OPT-8 card, the DIO-8 cannot derive word clock from the light pipe input.

I thought at some point a long time ago I got this to work but I am guessing my memory is wrong on this one.

You can find more info. here:

http://www.mackie.com/support/FAQ/d8b_d ... .html#adat
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby paulertel » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:07 am

Thank you for your help. I got it working!!!!!!! I am going to try to figure out how to route an aux or bus to one of the digital channels so I can feed that channel onto the a track in Sonar. Can you route the master on the board to track 47 and 48 so they can carry that digital to the mix track on Sonar?
paulertel

Postby Crash » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:54 pm

On version 5.1 try this:

Under "Edit" top left-ish side of the GUI drop down to "Copy mix to Bus" where it will fgive you a window asking you which pair you want to copy to.

Then go to channel 47 on the GUI look at the top of the strip where it says "pre" where it will give you a drop down, where you will see channel insert. There you can insert Buss 1 (or whatever buss you want) Fromt there you can send it direct out. You do this below the green L/R assign button top-ish of the channel. Repeat for channel 48.

Hopefully that isn't too confusing....
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum