Change font size   Print view

New D8B to me

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

New D8B to me

Postby Brfromgr » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Hello I am a Mac using protools recording musician that has acquired a D8B in the boxes with manuals (binders worth) what is the first thing I should do to see if it functions at all . moth balled for a few years formerly used by a radio station.
I have a PC oriented repair man ready to help me if I ask him.
I am interested in the Logic application , am I understanding correctly the rack mount Pentium is not needed.

Appreciate your assistance not an emergency but currently laid up with spare time for a hobby.
proud to be associated.
brfromgr
Brfromgr

Re: New D8B to me

Postby Crash » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:14 pm

It probably will need a new motherboard battery and the bios setting reset to the correct processor you are using, either 166Mhz or 300Mhz. The console is a giant door stop without the rack mount power supply and brains. I say plug it all in and hit the power switch and see what happens.

You might be interested in the dbridge section on this forum that turns the d8b into a controller, though I am not positive they are up on the MAC side of the equation yet. You can research that.

You will need to see if you have a regular clock card in it or the more usueful Apogee clock card that will let you sync to the outside world. What I/O cards does it have and what OS is it running?

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum