Change font size   Print view

5.1 Authorization Code Not working

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

5.1 Authorization Code Not working

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:51 am

Well it seems I have a small problem. I purchased a D8b loaded about a year ago and it came with PSU/CPU. I just bought a used console without the CPU to use for parts. THe unit turns out to be in better condition than the one I have. It was brand new in a box. So I transferred all my UFX MFX cards and DIO boards to it and hooked it up. Turned it on and it comes up to an authorization screen and it wants the D8B 5.1 Auth Code. SO I entered my auth code and it says to reboot to accept the code. I reboot and it comes back to the same auth screen and I am in a loop. I did notice that the ESN # on the menu screen changed, and must be the new console, but how does the software in the cpu know that. What am I missing? Do I have to get a new authorization code from Mackie? Or should I just swap the brain boards in the consoles?

THanks

RJ
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: 5.1 Authorization Code Not working

Postby Crash » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:06 pm

The ESN is embedded on the brain board. I would swap that and see where you stand.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum