Change font size   Print view

Plugins: Setup | Licensing | Authorize Button?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Plugins: Setup | Licensing | Authorize Button?

Postby bitSync » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Some of my plugins listed in the Authorized Plugins list on the Setup | Licensing menu have locked icons. The v5.1 manual indicates that these "locked" plugins require authorization. The manual instructs the user to select the locked plugin and click the "Authorize" button with the valid UNLOCK CODE. Is this the same UNLOCK CODE as is used for the d8b OS5.1? or is it some other code?

And what, if anything, could possibly go wrong here, given Mackie's apparent abandonment of its customers for this product? Thanks.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Plugins: Setup | Licensing | Authorize Button?

Postby Crash » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Each plugin has its' own unique code.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Thanks Crash. It looks like I won't get that code...

When attempting to obtain an unlock code to authorize a plugin, the Mackie authorization page at http://my.mackie.com/auth.asp rejected my ESN. The page responded:

Sorry, your ESN is not recognized with this license. Please make sure your ESN and License number are correct.

The ESN and license number are correct, no trailing blanks, no "O"s instead of "0"s, etc. So I guess I've been Mackied?
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:31 pm

You must have made some error, no matter how small.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby bitSync » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:43 pm

anyhorizon wrote:You must have made some error, no matter how small.

Peter

Peter,

You're right, I messed up. Before seeing Crash's post I was using the d8b's 5.1 license rather than the unique licenses for the plugins. I have since gone back having located the individual licenses for the plugins and gave the unlock code another spin. I was able to get the Mackie site to produce an unlock code for each of the plugins I could locate licenses for. All of those plugins are already authorized but one, Acuma Labs Time Pak v1.0. I was able to get an unlock code for that plug in and I entered it into the Setup | Licensing | Authorize dialog and got -

"Authorization complete. Reboot mixer to check authorization approval."

When I did reboot, Time Pak still shows locked. I tried this a couple of times with the same outcome.

Another weird thing I noticed, on every successful reply from the plugin unlock code request the dialog box returned the serial number (presuming ESN) of my d8b as -

0000-030F-CA82

which is not my ESN, which may explain why the unlock code I got back for Time Pak didn't unlock the plugin's icon?
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum