Change font size   Print view

No EQ and Dynamic on Channels 49-72

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

No EQ and Dynamic on Channels 49-72

Postby screenshotartworx » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi Folks,

in my d8b i have installed 3x DIO8 cards in my i/o slots. These are connected with my computers digital interface to able to route any signal from the mix into the computer and vice versa. But just today i have installed another OPT8 card in the alternate i/o slot.

I have connected the input and output of this card with one toslkink cable (kinda like a short circuit). I have set the Outputs to the busses 1-8. the inputs are coming in at the channels 65-72. I did this to have the option to work with internal busses such as in cubase. So i can route any channel out the mixer (busses 1-8) and come in again (at 65-72) as subroups. That does work perfectly so far. but what is NOT working is the Channel EQ and Dynamics on the channels 49-72. Why are they inactive?

with what i have achieved so far i can only use those subgroups for levelling complete groups but i can´t put an eq on the group or compress complete groups of instruments at once.

Any solutions?

Thanks a lot!!!!
Music isn´t a craft, it is an art. So please pass me the fucking screwdriver!!!
screenshotartworx

Re: No EQ and Dynamic on Channels 49-72

Postby Crash » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:17 pm

That is how the ALT I/O slot works. It is an in and out with no dynamics or EQ available there. Read up on channel patching and virtual grouping in the manual to maybe do what you want to do.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: No EQ and Dynamic on Channels 49-72

Postby screenshotartworx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:48 am

thanks for the reply. seems like i just hav to swap some channels so i come back into the mixer with my subgroups on the channels 25-49.

thanks
mark
Music isn´t a craft, it is an art. So please pass me the fucking screwdriver!!!
screenshotartworx

Return to d8b Forum