Change font size   Print view

1 D8B 2 HDRS

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

1 D8B 2 HDRS

Postby Brad Martens » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:45 pm

I am wondering if a single d8b can control 2 hrds, I thought this was possible but, I can not find any info on a proper hook-up to achieve this perhaps it is not. I have seen a dual d8b, dual hdr set-up , but not a single d8b. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Brad Martens

Re: 1 D8B 2 HDRS

Postby Crash » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:58 pm

I have done it, though it was a few years back. What side are you trying to figure out? Are you trying to figure out the syncing of two HDR's or the audio routing back to a single d8b?

Pg. 189 of the Tech Ref manual will give you the preflight checklist for the slaving of the two machines.

http://www.mackie.com/pdf/hdr_techref.pdf
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Brad Martens » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:28 am

Thanks for replying Crash. I have the 2 hdrs working together just fine, what I'm asking for is how to get the d8b to transport control them both, do I need a hub to do this or some kind of midi distribution pc to hook the 3 pieces together. Also what id address do I give the mixer. I realize record ready buttons on the d8b will only activate the 1st d8b, if they will even do that with this set-up. Without the transport control being linked between all 3 machines, then I lose the ability to use automation on the mixer. I am in search of a remote 48 but have not had any success in finding one yet, and possibly I will invest in a 2nd d8b linked to the 1st.
Brad Martens

Postby Crash » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:55 pm

When you get the 2nd HDR slaved properly, it will follow the master deck which is the one that the d8b transport control will still drive. The key was the SMPTE 1/4" jacks and the ethernet cables as In recall. MIDI only went to the master deck, the usual hook up... I think that was how I did it. I remember trying to overthink it as well thinking uop a complicated MIDI triangle or trying to incorporate a MOTU MIDI box into the picture, then I found the preflight check list. I only set this up for a mix situation so I don't remember doing all the address changes. I just needed the second machine to follow the first while maintaining automation for a 48 track mix situation.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum