Change font size   Print view

Get your Authorization code of V5.1 and plugins from the HD

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Get your Authorization code of V5.1 and plugins from the HD

Postby Carlo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:55 am

Dear All,

Managed to get the installed working code of V5.1 from the Hard drive itself. You need a USB to EIDE adaptor so that you can browse the d8b software.

OPEN the system5 folder, then click on drivers then on the rs422 folder. The file is called rs422.key
Open it with a notepad and you get your installed V5.1 working code :D . The same can be done to all other plugins in the plugin folder. If you have a working code for that particular plugin you will find it in the plugin folder with the extension .key (e.g.finalmix.key....open with notepad and you will get the code)

Another conquered step ;)

NB:
It seems that the MackieOS V5.1 code is calling for the rs422.dll in order to make you authorize the software. This call does not happen in MackieOS3. Maybe the software gurus out there can have a look at this. :)
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Get your Authorization code of V5.1 and plugins from the

Postby Salrus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:39 pm

has anyone tryed copying rs422.dll from OS 3 to OS 5 also do u have the files that u can upload someware i can take a look at as i dont have a usb to ide only usb to sata :P but i am interested in this alot
Salrus

Postby Carlo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:52 pm

Salrus wrote:has anyone tryed copying rs422.dll from OS 3 to OS 5 also do u have the files that u can upload someware i can take a look at as i dont have a usb to ide only usb to sata :P but i am interested in this alot

In OS3 the rs422.dll does not exist....
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Hey Carlo;

Thanks for this. I'll run it up the flag pole and see what happens.

Another win for the small guy and new life to the d8b thanks to you and those who fought the good fight!

Bruce
Neustadt, Canada
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Carlo wrote:Dear All,

Managed to get the installed working code of V5.1 from the Hard drive itself. You need a USB to EIDE adaptor so that you can browse the d8b software.

OPEN the system5 folder, then click on drivers then on the rs422 folder. The file is called rs422.key
Open it with a notepad and you get your installed V5.1 working code :D . The same can be done to all other plugins in the plugin folder. If you have a working code for that particular plugin you will find it in the plugin folder with the extension .key (e.g.finalmix.key....open with notepad and you will get the code)

Another conquered step ;)

NB:
It seems that the MackieOS V5.1 code is calling for the rs422.dll in order to make you authorize the software. This call does not happen in MackieOS3. Maybe the software gurus out there can have a look at this. :)

Things that make ya go "Hrrmmm"... :?:

The 'rs422.key' file mentioned does NOT exist on a locked (read, new unauthorized) V5.1 install... SO, this file is evidently created/written/read DURING the authorization routine(s) at bootup. What type (property info) of file are these '.key' files? Text?!? The reason for this, IF those files are text based files it MAY be that the rs422.key file can be created/edited and uploaded into the /system5/rs422 directory of the booted image. Could this be the Magic Bullet? Dunno... but I'd sure as HELL want to find out... :geek:

Can you post/upload this file, Carlo?

I'd like to have a Look-See at it... (thx in advance!)

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:35 pm

I don't understand but hey, that's not unusual.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:01 pm

anyhorizon wrote:I don't understand but hey, that's not unusual.

Peter

It's all Good, Peter... I answered my own question, actually... :o

The .key files ARE indeed plain text files, 12-bytes in length - the size of the 3 four digit hex codes used for the authorization unlocks. Imagine that... *winks-grins* I looked at a couple of the plugin .key files on my running 3.0 installation, and verified the file format for that extension AND the contents...

Here's what I'm gonna do in the next day or three; I've already created an rs422.key file with my 'failing' authorization unlock code. I'm gonna mount the 5.1 CF card in Linux, and essentially copy that .key file to the /system5/drivers/rs422 directory. Then install that CF card in my D8B, put on a Welders Mask and boot the console/cpu... 8-)

We'll see... I'm not gonna get overly excited with any of this until I beat the hell out of this path to determine if 'The Fix' for the heinously scorned Authorization Unlock Code issue is near... stay tuned... :twisted:

Peace
--
Dok

doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Dear All,

The .key is just a registry file that contains ONLY the authorization CODE. There is no program in this file. The OS checks if the KEY tally with the ESN etc. In fact as DOK said it is created when you input the authorization key for the first time. The mystery is in the rs422.dll file which the Mackie OSv5 calls just before it finishes loading the OS. As i said before the V3 does not have the rs422.dll file. It simply does not exist in the FREE V3
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:09 pm

doktor1360 wrote:

Peter

The .key files ARE indeed plain text files, 12-bytes in length - the size of the 3 four digit hex codes used for the authorization unlocks. Imagine that... *winks-grins* I looked at a couple of the plugin .key files on my running 3.0 installation, and verified the file format for that extension AND the contents...

Here's what I'm gonna do in the next day or three; I've already created an rs422.key file with my 'failing' authorization unlock code. I'm gonna mount the 5.1 CF card in Linux, and essentially copy that .key file to the /system5/drivers/rs422 directory. Then install that CF card in my D8B, put on a Welders Mask and boot the console/cpu... 8-)

We'll see... I'm not gonna get overly excited with any of this until I beat the hell out of this path to determine if 'The Fix' for the heinously scorned Authorization Unlock Code issue is near... stay tuned... :twisted:

Peace

My rs422.key contains the failing code DOK and it still asks for authorization.......

HOPE you will manage.
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Carlo wrote:
doktor1360 wrote:

Peter

Peace

My rs422.key contains the failing code DOK and it still asks for authorization.......

HOPE you will manage.

Namaste, Carlo!

I'm gonna go about this just to 'prove it' to myself - no disrespect to your efforts! I'm kinda 'from Missouri' so to speak, I need a 'show me' do-it-yourself execution in order to satisfy my own arcane curiosity in all this...

Thanx, Brutha... RESPECT!!!

\m/ ;) ,,,
--
Dok

doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to d8b Forum