Change font size   Print view

Get your Authorization code of V5.1 and plugins from the HD

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Get your Authorization code of V5.1 and plugins from the

Postby Carlo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:46 pm

anyhorizon wrote:I take your point, dok but Mackie want the thing to die. It's a pitiful display of taking their bat and ball and going home. The new boys never expected it to last so long. Anyway, interesting stuff going on here. A bit beyond my station but I'll stay tuned. Fortunately mine is in pristine condition and will provide years of service. Greg and Bob must be congratulated.

Peter

Hi Peter,

There is so much d8b knowledge and so much d8b parts out there that WE (as a community) can keep the old dinosaur alive for another decade....even more ;)
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:27 pm

anyhorizon wrote:The new boys never expected it to last so long.

This product was supposed to have a 5 year lifespan as a viable product as I recall. It was deemed that technology would be further down the road after that and the new bigger better thing would make this obsolete. Too bad the dxb was such a disaster...
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:06 am

Haven't posted much of late, but have been "spying"

This product was supposed to have a 5 year lifespan as a viable product as I recall. It was deemed that technology would be further down the road after that and the new bigger better thing would make this obsolete. Too bad the dxb was such a disaster...

Not to mention the stupid new DL1608 toy.

Packed my unit up about a year ago, because of some re-building/renovation work, but have to get it out again --- especially the CPU unit and change the battery and then re-doing the bios bit --- ity's been so long since I did this I am not looking forward to the process --- only hope the battery has not corroded or something.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jcfolgar » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 am

hi all, not e used this forum before but my problem to miss me get here, I'm from El Salvador and bought an updated vercion 5.1 eBay d8b when received I had to reassemble the OS v5. 1 and to my surprise asked me unlock code ye send a message to tech support Macki and tell me they no longer generate codes breakouts, the former owner does not reply to my email, so I nesecidad one wing community have the unlock code for my inexperience if you have more comments agradesidos I will be with you and I will have peace again in the heart. peace and ... "long live the d8b"
jcfolgar

Postby garrett21allen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:20 pm

I was just thinking did the dxb forum members have another forum
to go to get help with there problems. after Mackie shut the hole forum down
how about the new people buying a used dxb and need help do they have a place
to go and get help. like we do here thanks to peter

joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:49 pm

garrett21allen wrote:I was just thinking did the dxb forum members have another forum
to go to get help with there problems. after Mackie shut the hole forum down
how about the new people buying a used dxb and need help do they have a place
to go and get help. like we do here thanks to peter

joe allen

I don't know that there were very many of them sold. Maybe not enough to justify a forum by anyone. I remember there were just a handful of users on the dedicated Mackie dxb portion of the forum back when the console was more current.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Rob Jones 244 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:17 pm

Hi folks I've been reading your forum with joy and trepidation. I've recently bought two second hand D8B one 5.1 and another 5.0 (not working) the not working one has the guess what thumping and jumping issue and when opened a small cap fell out. Anyway, not that issue I need help on. Being a bear with a small brain I've tried to sort out the authorization code issue by following the steps as laid out earlier in this thread. Got the code no problem hk4177b but when I put it into the system is says invalid code and I'm back to square one. The further down the post I go the more like Alice through the looking glass I feel! Can anyone help using small simple words?
Strangely though I'm having fun doing it!!!
Rob Jones 244

Postby Phil.c » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:27 pm

Are you sure you have the code right as some lower case letters can be confused with numbers.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Rob Jones 244 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:25 pm

the code is as seen hk4177b I've also gone through the same exercise on the 5.0 version and that gave me 01E6-5288
which is the serial number of the desk quite confused now ????
Rob Jones 244

Postby Phil.c » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:58 pm

Well I think you know there's something wrong there?
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum