Change font size   Print view

new d8bridge approach

Discussion board for ProBox users

Re: new d8bridge approach

Postby munkustrap » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:01 am

Hi

The tesuser finished the test and reported 2-3 small
Issues (nothing big, only usefull improvements).
He will report his view here in the forum.

I plan to ship the first boxes in 1-2 weeks.

@mixingmusic, be prepared :-)

For me it is difficult to say that the probox works with
Different daw softwareseitig as i cant test it.
What i have checked is that the protocol fits 100%
To the Mackie. So the probox will work like the Mackie with
All benefits and issues of the Mackie regarding your daw.

+ the monitorcontroller
munkustrap

Postby Bezze » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Sounds amazing looking forward to the release. Btw, just got my board and it looks pretty darn good.
The only thing not included was the world clock but I could be fine without that with my setup.
Bezze

Postby Dan Worley » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Questions:

- What's the shipping weight and dimensions?
- What's the shipping cost to California, USA?
- What's your return policy in case it doesn't work as you say it's going to work, or if it doesn't work with a particular d8b or DAW, even though the DAW supports Mackie Control? (Hey, stuff happens.)

$270 is nothing to sneeze at. Of course, shipping it back to Austria from the USA may be too costly, so if it doesn't work, it might be better for me to sell it to someone else in the USA so they could save a little.

Thanks
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ibdigital » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:02 am

I'm ready to order. I need it ASAP. Please let me know when I can order. I have a bunch of sessions coming in Sept. and would love to use my console for mixing.
ibdigital

Postby munkustrap » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:25 am

Dan Worley wrote:Questions:

- What's the shipping weight and dimensions?
- What's the shipping cost to California, USA?
- What's your return policy in case it doesn't work as you say it's going to work, or if it doesn't work with a particular d8b or DAW, even though the DAW supports Mackie Control? (Hey, stuff happens.)

$270 is nothing to sneeze at. Of course, shipping it back to Austria from the USA may be too costly, so if it doesn't work, it might be better for me to sell it to someone else in the USA so they could save a little.

Thanks

- shipping costs to US are at the moment $29,7 (22 Euros).
- parcel will have less than 1kg and will be sent as a small parcel (about 30cmx20cmx15cm)
regarding Returns. That's a good point. I had a lot of thougt about that.

my main aim is to get the stuff running for all that wants to use such a probox. I offer free Support (sorry only via email) for every customer to get his/her box running. If something doesn't work I try to help via email.
I have the possibility to try out the most DAW Softwares (Windows, including the last Windows Logic Version) to reproduce problems and find fixes for that.

If there comes a point where we have to say it is not possible to get the box running, the I will find a solution (as you proposed to find somebody else in the same country that want's a box to make the whole stuff easier.
If we do not find somebody in your Country you will not loose your Money. But you will have to take the shipping costs of your order.

regarding repair on maybe broken proboxes I can tell you that the main electronic part is a module of ST. you can order that in every Country in the world. It is cheap (~$18) can be replaced easy, flashed with the probox Firmware. All other parts can be ordered or I can give Support that you fix that by yourself.

Preorders for the probox can be placed here http://probox.weritz.com/form.php
everybody who has already signed up please do not sign up again. It will be more simple for me.
munkustrap

Postby Dan Worley » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:37 am

Very nice. Thank you.
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dan Worley » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 am

munkustrap wrote:I have the possibility to try out the most DAW Softwares (Windows, including the last Windows Logic Version) to reproduce problems and find fixes for that.

Just to let you know, you can download a 30-day full working copy of DP8 windows/mac here.
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Axeman098 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:05 pm

So I just posted my D8B for sale, because I thought D8Bridge was dead in the water, only to find this thread. I have read through all 15 pages, and I like this idea. May I ask where this project stands currently? Can I go ahead and pre-order?

also, I would like to know more about ditching the CPU and using the internal fanless power supply, but cant find the separate thread for some stupid reason. Can someone throw me a link please? The thought of selling my D8B is heartbreaking, but I've had it for 3 years now, and just want a working controller solution with someone that is knowledgable and can provide timely support, even if only via email.

Sorry, but I have given up on D8Bridge. Probox seems to be the only option aside from selling my mixer outright. I have been a firm supporter of the D8Bridge project for several years now, waiting for a refined working version, but it is clear to me now, that the support and communication is just not there enough to warrant the asking price for a product with known bugs. I just want something that WORKS at a reasonable price, and I am tired of waiting on Promises. I want something that works, or I want to just get rid of all of it and move on...OUT of patience... :|
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mixingmusic » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:04 pm

munkustrap wrote:Hi

The tesuser finished the test and reported 2-3 small
Issues (nothing big, only usefull improvements).
He will report his view here in the forum.

I plan to ship the first boxes in 1-2 weeks.

@mixingmusic, be prepared :-)

For me it is difficult to say that the probox works with
Different daw softwareseitig as i cant test it.
What i have checked is that the protocol fits 100%

I'm Prepared Munk............................................

mixingmusic :D
To the Mackie. So the probox will work like the Mackie with
All benefits and issues of the Mackie regarding your daw.

+ the monitorcontroller
mixingmusic

Postby Dan Worley » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:59 pm

Axeman098 wrote:So I just posted my D8B for sale, because I thought D8Bridge was dead in the water, only to find this thread. I have read through all 15 pages, and I like this idea. May I ask where this project stands currently? Can I go ahead and pre-order?|

munkustrap wrote:
Preorders for the probox can be placed here http://probox.weritz.com/form.php
everybody who has already signed up please do not sign up again. It will be more simple for me.
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to ProBox