Change font size   Print view

new d8bridge approach

Discussion board for ProBox users

Re: new d8bridge approach

Postby munkustrap » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:17 am

Hi

yes thanks, the vacation was great (visit to Barcelona).
I'm working hard to get the stuff out for you guys and I'm only days away (I feel I sound like Marc ;-) ).
I will contact you via email in the next days, where you will get the manual.
I also finished the whole administrative stuff for shipping to Amerika.

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby mixingmusic » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Hey Ralph,
I got the Manual today and I'm very impressed with the work and detail you put into this project!
I can hardly wait to get the Pro-Box up and running and telling everybody about how well it works...

Best Regards & Great Work Ralph!

MIXINGMUSIC
mixingmusic

Postby munkustrap » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Thank you For the compliment.

I always try to make the things in a way that i would expect
As a customer.

Best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:40 am

Impressive work Munk! Even though I don't have fader movement/control or v-pots, please tell me that the probox would still bring some life to my d8b!!!!???? I have 3.0 loaded, but don't have any control...can I use your box some how or do I need to hit the repair shop first? Thanks.
p2h

Postby munkustrap » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:58 am

p2h wrote:Impressive work Munk! Even though I don't have fader movement/control or v-pots, please tell me that the probox would still bring some life to my d8b!!!!???? I have 3.0 loaded, but don't have any control...can I use your box some how or do I need to hit the repair shop first? Thanks.

Hi p2h
I think the chance is nearly zero to get this running with the probox. If I understand you right then your faders don't move and do not send values - even the vpots. If this is the true, then you have a defect in your hardware, that will not be solved with the probox.
But I can try to help you to get your d8b back to life.

My first guess is that your 12V supply domain is somewhere broken.
Why?:
- The 12V supply drives tha fadermotors --> no fader movement.
- The 12V supply powers the 5V regulator for the ADC reference voltage on the brainboard. The 5V reference voltage needs to be perfect STABLE. If not, you will get fader movements/vpot movements without touching any of these controls. This is the reason why the ADC reference voltage has an own regulator from 12 to 5V and is not connected directly to the 5V domain as this will permanently change the vltage slightly (LEDs are goning on and off).

I other words:
When you disconnect the 12V from your d8b you will have exactly the missfunction that you are describing.
Nevertheless there can be many other problems that produce the same failures (e.g. +/-16V broken) but in this case you will also have no audio on the console.

HOW to get your d8b running again:
- does your CPU works? if yes, great that means the supply for 12V is working !!!
- check the 12V connection in the PSU/CPU (see picture manual page 2, yellow Ellipse with character A and the connection on the right side (two violet/purple, two yellow cables on the 2x2 connector --> also see page 3 for this)
If you have a voltmeter or a friend that has one and knows how to handle such a thing, measure the voltage between one yellow and one purple/violett cable (it doesn't matter which yellow and which purple one). It should be 12V.
- check the fuses (same picture. The fuses are above the yellow ellipse marked as "A", you have 3 of them, one is for 12V. check all 3 to be save)
- the motorfader has an own ground that has to be connected to the digital ground check if this connection is available.
this connection can be done on the power connector pcb in the console (This point is only if you do not have a CPU/PSU and power the d8b console by yourself)

download:
http://probox.weritz.com/How_to_make_th ... anless.pdf

let me know your outcome !
you can also mail pictures from your PSU to me (from the PCB board in my manual).
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks Munk! I will try all of that later tonight and will definitely reply back. I would love to get my board going so I can take advantage of your probox!! Thanks again.
p2h

Postby bitSync » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Watching with great anticipation...
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mixingmusic » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi Ralph,

I'm waiting with great anticipation...

You said days Munk..... Can I ask how many days?

I just moved my new Studio and I will be open in about 5 days...... :D

Best Regards

MIXINGMUSIC
mixingmusic

Postby mixingmusic » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:38 pm

WoooHooo! .... It's on its Way!

Thanks Ralph ...... :D

MIXINGMUSIC
mixingmusic

Postby mixingmusic » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:05 pm