Change font size   Print view

v5.1 Working Codes Black Box Initiative

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: v5.1 Working Codes Black Box Initiative

Postby anyhorizon » Fri May 30, 2014 10:04 pm

For what it's worth, I have all the plugs, 5.1, box codes and authorisations. A few months back, I emailed Mackie, providing them with my ESN. They sent me back all the correct authorisations with the exception that 5.1 was wrong.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby bitSync » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:00 pm

anyhorizon wrote:For what it's worth, I have all the plugs, 5.1, box codes and authorisations. A few months back, I emailed Mackie, providing them with my ESN. They sent me back all the correct authorisations with the exception that 5.1 was wrong.

Peter

Peter

For your recent email to Mackie, do you know if the box code you got back for 5.1 was the same box code as when you initially registered? Thanks.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:01 pm

bitSync wrote:Peter

For your recent email to Mackie, do you know if the box code you got back for 5.1 was the same box code as when you initially registered? Thanks.

Bitsync... DEAD.NUTZ.ON... 8-)

IF the Box ID is the same, the issue of what creates the seemingly mysterious algorithm leading to an 'unlock code' would then most likely be the logic internal to the 'auth.asp' page on the my.mackie.com site (IMHO)... is this where the ever elusive database issue lies? Is there an actual database even involved, or just some interpreted processing logic executed when a submit button request is made from the authorization web page? Or some other 'mystery' entirely? Answers... and even more questions... The Rabbit Hole is getting deeper... really interesting...

Interested in Peter's reply... :geek:

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Guys,

I didn't send any box codes, only the ESN of my d8b. They have a register of what has been licensed to my machine. They only issue a box code when you purchase the product. What was interesting to me was that 5.1 was the only incorrect authorisation. All the others matched. Fortunately, I have the correct one for 5.1.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Recording Drummer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi Guys!

Are we still DOA on 5.1 authorization or a way around this? Is my dream of upgrading my 3.1 to 5.1 and using the Bomes Translator to run Reaper only a distant mirage?

I know it's possible someone may poke fun at this message but that's ok. Should I give up and play with the Pro Box or can I use the translator without 5.1 and get some desired results?

All you guys are amazing and all have been helpful when I am wanting help. So what do I think I should do?

Guido if you see this please chime in.

Thanks guys!

RD
Recording Drummer

Postby garrett21allen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Missicbc please get your sorry ass out of here
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:23 am

Hi All;

I am very interested in seeing what can be done here.

I have 3 d8b's 2 of them where licensed with 5.1 but I have nothing other than ESN's. No box codes and no Auth Codes. I contacted "The F**g mother ship" and they provided codes for plug-ins, but could not provide 5.1 Auth codes! WTF! I guess they have no records. (typical Management line).

I will assist as I can but the d8b's and the HDR I own are very solid tools for what I do! Which is, mostly "Play"

Regards
Bruce
"One guitar more than I have, is one less than I need"
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bill Roper » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:40 pm

If your d8b is running 5.1, then the authorization code is sitting on the box in a disk file which is checked at startup.
Bill Roper

Postby Bruce Graham » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 am

Hi Bill;

What you say is true except when I got the Console(s) I was having trouble with the faders, so I reloaded 5.1 not knowing there was authorisation codes needed.

My problem was not solved so I though reloading a previous version would help me track the problem down only to find that the Capacitors on the fader boards where the problem not he software. I was "new" what can I say!

No authorisations codes to be had and by the time I figured out I could just contact Mackie, thinking I could get the code from them, the server had crashed and I out of luck. They do not keep records of already released codes, they say. They said my console, using the ESN's where authorised but could not give me the code or any new ones.

I've learned to live with 3.0.

Lesson learned. Thanks though.

Regards
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum