Change font size   Print view

Help! No master sound, just solo.

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Help! No master sound, just solo.

Postby Nickypuk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:50 am

So I have recently become a very proud owner of a d8b, however after trying loads of things and checking these forums for similar questions (nothing seemed exactly my point) I am still having issues getting sound from the d8b. After a long day I managed to get sound out through the 'solo' button and the 'studio/solo' section, and adjusting the levels by using the v-pot to adjust the aux 9-10 levels on each channels. However this is only fun for so long as I want to use it properly. The inputs are working as I can see the LED ladders on each channel input are going up and down. furthermore, they are then audible when i engage solo mode. However without solo on, the master left/right LED ladders are not lit up and hence providing no sound. My powered monitors are connected direct to CR near field as directed in the quick start guide. The master fader also reacts to the computer automation and vice versa, so I'm inclined to believe that that is working. There is probably something basic im missing, so sorry if so. Thanks in advance for any help.
Nickypuk

Re: Help! No master sound, just solo.

Postby Crash » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:45 pm

I have to assume that you have the fader of the channel you want up and it is assigned to the L/R bus. Yes?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:06 pm

If that is it, Crash, I'm going to Image

reteP
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Crash » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 pm

I am sure that is not the case but figured that was good a place to start as any.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Ԁǝʇǝɹ

˙˙˙˙ ʇnq ɯoɹɟ ƃuᴉɯoɔ ǝɹ,noʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ I
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Nickypuk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:44 pm

photo.JPG
photo.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 870 times

haha ye, so the l-r assign button in assignment is lit up, and so are the assign buttons on the channels that are playing. the faders are up and there is definitely input to those channels. the master l/r fader is up but no lights on the LEFT RIGHT LED ladders/. The mute buttons are also off and im not playing through channels with mic buttons. Photo attached for more info! Thanks!!
Nickypuk

Postby Crash » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:31 pm

How odd.... I would check to make sure that you are not booting up with some sort of "load last session" situation going on that might include a plugin insert on the Master bus that may be assigned to nowhere. That could cause your issue. You might also consider throwing away the "startup" file in case something is going on funky there. Upon next boot up the console will recreate a factory startup file so no worries doing this.

If none of that works, get into the database and see about doing a ribbon cable reset. I'll keep thinking this one over and see what else I might come up with, as I am sure others will.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Yes, excellent suggestion.

Peter
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:50 am

So;

I did a little checking and thought that this may be a consideration.....

In the "Control Room" section of the d8b, if there is no selection (ie, Master L-R, or 2 Track A, Digital In ,1 etc), there is no L-R Metering hence no sound, yet, Solo (or PFL) does turn up on the meters and at the Monitor (Control Room). outputs.

However if something other than Master L-R is selected nothing, even solo, will not be seen or heard.

Just a thought!

Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Nickypuk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:16 am

Crash - Thanks, I will give that a look through as soon as i get chance and get back to you with the results. Definitely not tried those things so fingers crossed one of them works.

Bruce - Have a look at the picture i posted above, the control room has 'master l-r' and 'near filed' lit up always, I think thats what your getting at. Thanks though. This is why im finding this confusing as the solo goes via the control room from what i can make out, so everything from control room to sound is working correctly.
Nickypuk

Next

Return to d8b Forum