Change font size   Print view

PROBLEMS WITH TAPE SENDS AND RETURNS

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

PROBLEMS WITH TAPE SENDS AND RETURNS

Postby Lean91 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:04 am

Hi all,
I'm new in this forum, but i've been seeing several posts that helped me to understand my d8b problem a bit more.

The case is that I can't send any audio signal through the tape send 1, and the tape return doesn't work on several channels. The 8 buses receive signal but i'm experimenting failures on some bus sends too. I've checked tape and alt cards (3 opt8 on tapes, and one DIO on ALT slot), changing their positions, etc, and the problem persists on same channels and busses. I've read in the Mackie's D8B Service Notes that the Codec Board is the one that assumes the A-D/D-A converters signal workflow, so may I find a new Codec Board in order to solve the problem, or do you thing that there is an easier way to solve this???

Thanks for the big and useful amount of info, this forum is GREAT!!! ;)
Lean91

Re: PROBLEMS WITH TAPE SENDS AND RETURNS

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:29 am

Sounds like another case of deleting all the start up session files and rebooting.

http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/maintenance.html#Post3

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Re: PROBLEMS WITH TAPE SENDS AND RETURNS

Postby Lean91 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks anyhorizon, I've try it by cleaning all the saved sessions in my HD but no results at all. The problem persists.
I found a codec board on ebay UK and it's not too expensive (100$), so I'm going to buy it in order to solve the problem.
thanks, Lean.
Lean91

Return to d8b Forum