Change font size   Print view

Really need help to start working!!!

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Really need help to start working!!!

Postby p2h » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Hello to all, I recently acquired a D8B and of course it has the sys 43 error; I have been following this forum and trying to follow the suggestions, but I still need help! There is a wealth of knowledge here and I appreciate it all, but something I'm not doing that I can't figure out. Ok--I have a seagate drive and the original drive as well (80g sized down to 32g); I can load v3 with it asking to format the drive, load disk 2, etc--but, after rebooting, it continues to "miss" the full install. The last errors were (see pics) I thought that I correctly formatted the current drive, changed the BIOS, changed the battery, reseated the cards, etc. but I'm just desparate now...I want to keep it and wait on the d8bridge for mac to use with protools when its released, so...please help one more d8b user! Thanks.
Attachments
image-1.jpeg
image-1.jpeg (Array KiB) Viewed 848 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (Array KiB) Viewed 848 times
image-2.jpeg
image-2.jpeg (Array KiB) Viewed 848 times
p2h

Re: Really need help to start working!!!

Postby bitSync » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:41 am

p2h wrote:...I have a seagate drive and the original drive as well (80g sized down to 32g)...

Hi there. You say you have the original drive, 80G? Was that 80G HDD OEM equipment supplied by Mackie, or by "original" do you mean "original to you"? I think the original Mackie HDD was 20G. Do you know if you have a drive image anywhere that boots the console? Have you tried downloading the disk images off the d8b Forum database and using those instead of whatever disks you're trying to boot from?
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:24 am

Hi,
This seems to be one of the most common problems on this forum. The whole "conditioning" routine has never worked for me. You need to feed the D8B a raw disk, one that has been totally wiped and all partitions deleted. Also, set your disk to "cable select" and not master or slave. If you still cannot load the operating system, I will be willing to clone an image of the version 3.0 OS onto your drive for you. I have done a couple for free, but I have a studio to run and a family to support, so I would charge $25 for this as it takes me about an hour to clone the image, remove my D8B CPU so I can put your drive in to test it and then put everything back. If you're interested just send me a PM and I'll send you my address.

Have a Blessed Day in Christ
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby p2h » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:12 am

Hey guys, thnx for responding! Yes, I made a typo-- the orig mackie drive is still there, being replaced with that seagate OR a compact flash card as soon as I can try it! I will try your suggestions and see where it goes and repost. Thanx again.
p2h

Postby anyhorizon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:35 am

Your BIOS configuration is not correct as witnessed by the first photo. First, replace the battery, then continue with the installation from the floppies.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Crash » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:10 pm

bitSync wrote:
p2h wrote:...I have a seagate drive and the original drive as well (80g sized down to 32g)...

I think the original Mackie HDD was 20G.

Just an FYI, the original Mackie HDD varied in size over the years of production. The company would buy, for example, a bunch of 4gig drives and usually when those were depleted for production, the 4gig would no longer be available, so they would get the next smallest size up the ladder available in quantity. So it is possible to have a 32gig drive and an 80gig drive and both be original to the console, depending on when you bought your rig.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Crash wrote:
bitSync wrote:

I think the original Mackie HDD was 20G.

Just an FYI, the original Mackie HDD varied in size over the years of production. The company would buy, for example, a bunch of 4gig drives and usually when those were depleted for production, the 4gig would no longer be available, so they would get the next smallest size up the ladder available in quantity. So it is possible to have a 32gig drive and an 80gig drive and both be original to the console, depending on when you bought your rig.

Crash, thank you for that. I'm still learning things about this console 12 years later!
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum