Change font size   Print view

POLL: *OKAY IF YOU DONT OWN ONE* How much you pay for..?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: POLL: *OKAY IF YOU DONT OWN ONE* How much you pay for..?

Postby topdiggy2 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Absolutely!!! Free is always good.
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:13 pm

I purchased a second d8b last fall. It was a fairly local pickup, less than an hour drive away, so I was able to go inspect it before purchase. It was the 300 MHz Celeron model in superb cosmetic condition, Apogee clock card, 1 MFX, 1 UFX, OS 5.1 with Unlock Code, 3 DIO-8 and 1 AIO-8. The system booted fine and was responsive to all my interactions with the control surface. The seller was asking $850 and I countered and purchased for $800. I felt like that was an unusually good deal.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby topdiggy2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Thanks for your input Bitsync! I would pay $800 for that setup, that would probably be my ceiling price.
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:26 pm

topdiggy2

there is nothing wrong with you wanting to know what everyone would pay for
a used d8b and there top dollar price for one. but I think its unfair for you to tell
a person that your ceiling price would be $800 dollars. so why would you even want
to have a poll if you already know the top dollar you would pay for a used board.
because the way it sound like you are willing to bash other people who would be
willing to pay more money for a d8b that's working good just because they would
pay more money than you would be willing to pay. maybe I am not understanding your meaning
of this poll nor am I trying to argue with you. I just think that if a person got there board new that they
would fill different than a person that got a used board about the price they would pay for a used
board and maybe I am wrong for thinking this way. I have been wrong many times before. but what I am
not understanding is that if you already know your ceiling price that you would pay for a used d8b that
has everything all the plug=ins and the Apogee clock and is working in top notch shape then you already
know. and nobody can change your mind about the price. but then there are some people and I am not talking about me and peter that thinks some boards that's fully loaded and working good may be worth more than you may think there worth. and this don't have nothing to do with how much we thing our boards are worth or how good there working. its just that I feel that people that brought there d8b brand new thinks a little different than a person that buys a used d8b. like I said I am not arguing with you and I hope you don't have any hard filling about me. but maybe I am just not understanding the purpose of this poll.

Joe Allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 pm

topdiggy2 wrote:Thanks for your input Bitsync! I would pay $800 for that setup, that would probably be my ceiling price.

Just FYI, I would have paid more for that board, but I don't know how much more because I didn't have to consider it. I was and am very chuffed about the deal. How's that for not especially helpful...
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby topdiggy2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:48 pm

@ bitsync

:evil:
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:17 am

Topdiggy2

I did not mean to make you mad
that's not what I was trying to do. I was just not understanding
your post about taking a poll you said it was a game. but if your mind is
mad up about what you would pay for a used board then why even take a poll
because no one can change you mind. also in other post you said a used d8b
was only worth $500 to 700 dollars was the limit. so there you are you already have your price
no hard filling I hope.

Joe Allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:59 pm

topdiggy2 wrote:@ bitsync

:evil:

Was it something I said?

I wanted you to understand that although I negotiated that $800 price with the seller I thought the board was probably worth more than that and I would have paid more than that, although I'm just not sure how much because I wasn't faced with that decision. Which is to say, all of that may not be very helpful for your survey. If I've upset you somehow, please accept my apologies. Peace out.
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby topdiggy2 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:12 pm

@ bitsync
LOL, :twisted: we're good! it was like you gave me a straight answer, but, then took it back so i was like WTF? lol

So, my question to you is this...if the guy originally asked for $850, and you when you got there he said $1050, would you have paid it or walked away? And if you would have paid $1500 for it, why did you negotiate $800 if $850 was fair? human nature???? - lol

@ Joe Allen

We are all good! I am not mad at all, like i said in above...im just curious to test my theory. And so far, based on historical data and current trends, i think im pretty much spot on as far as PRICING out a D8b is concerned.
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:28 pm

topdiggy2 wrote:@ bitsync
LOL, :twisted: we're good! it was like you gave me a straight answer, but, then took it back so i was like WTF? lol.

Glad everything's cool.

topdiggy2 wrote:So, my question to you is this...if the guy originally asked for $850, and you when you got there he said $1050, would you have paid it or walked away? And if you would have paid $1500 for it, why did you negotiate $800 if $850 was fair? human nature???? - lol.

If the guy originally asked $850 and when I got there he said $1050 I would have said (I can't say on this board what I would have said, but it would not have been pleasant) because he would have had me drive an hour one-way under false pretenses (lying) and that naturally would have pissed me off and there would have been no sale. I negotiated down to $800 because I wanted the best price I could get and it was worth seeing if he would go lower (and he did); why pay more than you have to? If he had advertised that board at $1050 and when I got there he was unwilling to budge, I may have still gone for it. The board's in sweet condition.
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum