Change font size   Print view

HUI mode

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

HUI mode

Postby screenshotartworx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:13 am

Hey Guys,

i have a lil trouble with my d8b and the HUI Mode. I have everything set up in the d8b and Cubase 6.5. But it doen´t work every time. Sometimes, even working on the same cubase Project and the same MixerSession, the HUI is online - sometimes it isn´t.

Just yesterday i have booted the d8b and my Mac - the HUI was online. During my work on the Project i had to reboot my computer, started the same Project - HUI was offline and didn´t come back online. The Midi Connection was not defective because the transport buttons on the d8b still controlled Cubase. i have checked the MIDI output on the Midi-Interface, of the computer it worked fine. and the MIDI cords, from and to the mixer, are brandnew.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Mark
Music isn´t a craft, it is an art. So please pass me the fucking screwdriver!!!
screenshotartworx

Re: HUI mode

Postby bitSync » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:44 pm

You're not switching d8b layers during the session and forgetting are you? I ask that only because that's exactly the kind of thing I might do.

Also, there's an application out there called MIDI Ox that could help you by trapping MIDI traffic on the interface which you can later examine to see if the HUI MIDI is flowing and looks OK during HUI mode.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum