Change font size   Print view

1 down at least 2 more to go...!!

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

1 down at least 2 more to go...!!

Postby p2h » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:09 am

Hey all, thanks for anything that you contributed to help me get the d8b running...almost; I swapped video cards
temporarily and the d8b loaded 3.0 software and the lights and all came on---great, I'm really in business now, right?
WRONG---the GUI is not controlling the faders at all or vice versa; I tried to research a bit, but I don't think it's the rack rail
deal, I could be wrong though. So, I need help with the NEW problems...the video card is pci, but I've already got an AGP card coming. I'm using the original mackie hard drive, already have another drive on the way. I am doing the flash card install as soon as my last piece gets here as well. I can go through all of the menus and such on the monitor, the faders just don't respond at all. I've done the calibrate a couple times as well...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with some more help! Thanks!!
p2h

Re: 1 down at least 2 more to go...!!

Postby p2h » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:03 am

Yikes!!! No one has any clue, hint, far--left idea at all???? My D8B must be truly special...
thnx though for any help.
p2h

Postby system32 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:14 pm

try reseating power plug from the power board to the brain board and check other connectors.
system32

Postby Crash » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:23 pm

I know this sounds stupid but is the data cable running between the console and the CPU? If so, is it seated and secure?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby p2h » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them and repost. I did notice that the "load startup at last session" IS NOT an option on the monitor? So I'm thinking will a re-load of v3 FIX this? Maybe all of the software didn't make it through? One more thing: on startup, the first 8 faders are real RESISTANT, stuck at the bottom of the console until the software loads; then they release to a manual spot but not imitating what's on e monitor...
p2h

Return to d8b Forum