Change font size   Print view

Exactly which video card??

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Exactly which video card??

Postby p2h » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:29 am

Hey all, I just got an ATI Rage 128 ultra 16mb AGP VGA video for the d8b, but it won't boot...I tried some other agp tha I had laying around and they didn't boot either. Ok, fine---I borrowed a PCI card from a friend and voila--it boots! So, exactly what card SHOULD be installed to complete at least that part of the FINALLY WORKS puzzle? I'm booting to vers3, thanks.
p2h

Re: Exactly which video card??

Postby Crash » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Radeon ATI 7000
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby p2h » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:55 am

Thanx Crash... so, it doesn't matter about the s- video part or the 32/64 mb model? I see some on EBAY that seem to fit the title: Radeon ATI 7000--just wanna make sure.
p2h

Postby Crash » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:46 pm

p2h wrote:Thanx Crash... so, it doesn't matter about the s- video part or the 32/64 mb model? I see some on EBAY that seem to fit the title: Radeon ATI 7000--just wanna make sure.

Someone with more knowledge on those differences will have to pipe in on those variations of the card.
If the card is cheap, I might be tempted to try it but that is a desicion for you.

Seems like I remember someone on here found an ATI Rage 128 card in their cpu that was functional before it failed. As I recall he didn't know if the card was there from the mothership or had been replaced at some point by a previous owner.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Crash wrote:
p2h wrote:Thanx Crash... so, it doesn't matter about the s- video part or the 32/64 mb model? I see some on EBAY that seem to fit the title: Radeon ATI 7000--just wanna make sure.

Someone with more knowledge on those differences will have to pipe in on those variations of the card.
If the card is cheap, I might be tempted to try it but that is a desicion for you.

Seems like I remember someone on here found an ATI Rage 128 card in their cpu that was functional before it failed. As I recall he didn't know if the card was there from the mothership or had been replaced at some point by a previous owner.

Radeon 7000 PCI cards are inexpensive and readily available - many vendors, too. As long as the Radeon 7000 chipset is onboard the video card (PCI or AGP), you're Golden... ;-)

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby topdiggy2 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:33 pm

When buying video cards, what you want is one that contains the chipset, which is the engine. The mackie OS code has the drivers built in only for this this chipset. Now, different manf. make video cards with that chipset, thus you may be able to find several cards that will work.

But like Crash/Dok suggested, start with the cheap ones first. The mackie OS isnt graphic intensive at all so any 16mb card will be fine.
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum