Change font size   Print view

Frollicking faders

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Frollicking faders

Postby p2h » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:28 pm

ok, I should have posted this one first: Crash, I can't get ANY audio in, through or out from this board, other than a "whine" on the headphone outs/master as well. So, I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had this problem before with a good solution?

p2h

Postby Dan Worley » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:37 pm

p2h wrote:ok, I should have posted this one first: Crash, I can't get ANY audio in, through or out from this board, other than a "whine" on the headphone outs/master as well. So, I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had this problem before with a good solution?

There is a setting on the d8b that shuts off the console's fader motors. See if that is activated. Sorry, I forget where it is located and I don't have a d8b set up.

Good luck.
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 am

Hi, Dan,

I thought that but I note that he doesn't have that activated in the video I saw..

I'm tending towards some power supply problem.

Crash is right that no MTC appears to be incoming.

Hope you are a well and happy man and writing your heart out, my friend.

Cheers,

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Crash » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Some sort of oddity is in the works here. Has this console ever funtioned normally under your ownership?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby p2h » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:51 pm

No, this board has never worked correctly since I got it used about a month ago. BUT, it has gotten better!! It had the system error 43, wouldn't load the software because of the video card I believe (I still haven't found the right one--4 tries???) but I think she' really trying to come back to life to serve me well I hope. So, help me figure out what she needs other than a sledge hammer...
p2h

Postby Crash » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:46 pm

It is hard to troubleshoot some of these issues via the net. If I were in your shoes I might be tempted to pop the bottom off and see if all the internal power cables (tan with orange stripe and clearish header) are secure and seated correctly, as well as the multi pin cables (grey with red stripe with black headers) attached to the brain board. There are pics in the database for reference. If you are good with a multimeter, measuring the power coming out of the big ass connector to verify the voltage is where it should be. That is where I would be tempted to start looking...

Do you know if the previous owner had issues that you are now experiencing? Try to determine if maybe something worked loose if it was shipped to you. If you borrowed a clock card, maybe you can borrow a cpu to see what behavior may or may not change and maybe dtermine which side of the issue is bad be it cpu or console.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dan Worley » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:37 pm

I'll leave it to you experts to figure it out. I don't know what I'm looking at anymore.

it's nice to see FF is still being used. It brings back fond memories.

Peter, I'm doing great. I hope you are, too.
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum