Change font size   Print view

D8B Patch Bay

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

D8B Patch Bay

Postby bondomatic » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi all!

Does anyone have a picture / template for a typical D8B patch bay set up? I'm getting ready to solder everything together and want to verify that my map includes everything and is done as thoroughly as possible. Including normal/half normal recommendations would be extremely helpful as well!

I've found one pre built D8b patch bay online so far, using it for reference but I thought I would ask here!

Thanks in advance!
bondomatic

Re: D8B Patch Bay

Postby Crash » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:46 pm

I don't have a template but I can tell you how I did mine. It is a pretty basic set up where I have my 12 quarter inch auxes wired half normal to a long frame patch panel for all of my external whiz bang boxes and reverbs.

My outboard tube comps and dynamics are fed via bus outs and returned via the alt I/O slot with an AIO.8 card. These are just left as point to point in the patch bay. I could go full normal with this I suppose but I like my set up as is for now and it makes me feel like I didn't waste a bunch of money on those spendy long frame patch cables.

The cool thing about the patch bays I own (can't remember the company off hand at the moment) are that they are easy to change form nothing to half or full normal patch points via pin configuration. I can lift grounds and all that jazz with pins as well.

There are loads of articles out there on the web on the various mind sets on what should be normalled or half'd.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum