Change font size   Print view

Still trying....

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Still trying....

Postby p2h » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:39 am

Hello to all, a quik update:

I followed the directions on replacing the hard drive of the d8b with a compact flash drive and voila...works like a charm-- great advice! Ok, after getting the CF working, I thought that the gittering faders/pans might stop---they did. But through some more trouble shooting/elimination, I think that the original mackie clock card is bad--i'm using an apogee too. So the board loads w/version 3 but the faders still don't move though. Still trying to narrow down what else is going on before finally taking it to the shop...I also can get the time display/transport to control cubase essentials 6 with the numbers scrolling on both/play/stop, etc--no faders. It will control the stop, play functions in protools but the numbers don't scroll on the d8b, hmmm? I bought two CF cards, both have 3.0--same results. I thought that version 5 had a demo, but I can't get past disc 2 on making the floppy? So,help me some more please...I would really like to use the repair money on something else, like the probox when its ready! Thanks.
p2h

Return to d8b Forum