Change font size   Print view

d8b Bios Rom chip Question

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b Bios Rom chip Question

Postby MOSHWITZ » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:25 am

Sup? :mrgreen:

Ok,,So lately I've been getting the Bios ROM Chip error more and more. and it would take 5,,,10,,,30...reboots and the board would finally come back on and work great with no problems until it was shut off then it would take a random number of reboots to get it going again. Well,after a week now,,,,I don't believe she is coming back to life this time,and I need to find a new chip. Can someone Please direct me to a replacement source,or a phone number to call,,or anything/anyone to track one down.

And also on that note,,, would a chip like this one on Ebay for an HDR be compatible?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mackie-BIOS-Replacement-Chip-for-HDR-MDR-/281109814947?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Multi_Track_Recorders&hash=item4173735ea3

Any help would be great guys,, And Thanks ahead of time ;)

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: d8b Bios Rom chip Question

Postby anyhorizon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:40 am

I'd gently prise the chip up (not all the way out) and then push it down again to reseat firmly. Can't hurt. Might ensure secure contact again.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Bruce Graham » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:37 am

Hi Dave;

I do not believe the the HDR/MDR BIOS Chip is the same as the d8b Bios Chip.

You also need to know version of chip you have or want. I have a version 1.x (I will check if you are interested), that you can have. I'll mail it to you, but it may not be what you want.

I had a look on ebay but didn't see any. Eric Russ may be your best bet. You can get hold of him through ebay. His store or sellers name is Mackenziejoyous.

Some things to consider!

Have you checked to see if your BIOS setting are correct? They do change from time to time and need to be reset.

Have you changed the battery in the last few years? They do die out after a while. I suggest changing the Battery, if you haven't, then check the BIOS.

You will also need to know if you have a newer or older motherboard as the Bios is different! The Bios I have is from an older motherboard.

Hope that helps.

There are many more experienced folks in the forum that will speak up and help out. Don't give up.

Bruce
"one guitar more than I have, is one less than I need"
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby MOSHWITZ » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:38 am

Sup? ;-)

sorry for just now getting back to this,,,it's been busy. I already tried to re-seat the chip, but still get the same ole thing.

I cannot even get to the bios anymore. it's the newer 300mhz board and the battery is good.

I believe I just need a new chip. Thanks for the offer and tip Bruce :mrgreen: , I'll try to hit him up. anyone else got a source or a lead where I could buy one in case it don't work out?

Thanks guys
MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:35 pm

I know the BIOS settings for the HDR and new motherboard are the same but I have no idea if the actual chip is the same though. I would think you could do some detective work and look over a build of materials and see if the part numbers are the same, though it may not be listed if it is part of a bigger substructure. That is where I would go next if I were in your shoes.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby MOSHWITZ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:35 am

Sup?

Thanks for the lead Bruce...it paid off :mrgreen: the guy had one and I installed it,,,,, BOOM,,, I'm up and running again.

Time to get recording 8-)
Thanks,

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby sizzleburles » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:10 pm

The bios of my D8b keeps changing, do you think I need to change the battery, and what is the duration of the battery life for the D8B.
sizzleburles

Postby anyhorizon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:28 pm

sizzleburles wrote:The bios of my D8b keeps changing, do you think I need to change the battery, and what is the duration of the battery life for the D8B.

You definitely need to change the battery. About 2 years is normal but it may also depend on how long the battery has been on the shelf prior to purchase. Pretty small expense anyway.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Return to d8b Forum