Change font size   Print view

d8b, extra cards, and extra cpu for sale

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b, extra cards, and extra cpu for sale

Postby Bill Roper » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:33 pm

I'm in the process of rebuilding my studio. This means that I have a bunch of gear that I'm going to be trying to move through eBay unless I find someone else who's interested in it.

The centerpiece of this is my Mackie d8b digital mixer. This is a lovely piece of gear that is in perfect condition, save for the talkback button, which has sunken into the console in the way that's endemic for this design. Happily, it's easy enough to plug a footswitch into the back to regain the talkback functionality, which is what I've done for many years now.

It's loaded up with four of the UFX effects cards and has plenty of digital I/O, with 24 channels of ADAT lightpipe and 8 channels of AES/EBU, in addition to the built-in analog mic-pres and line in. And it's got the Apogee clock card for wordclock sync. It's running the last version of the Mackie software and has most of the plugins authorized, including the Acuma plugs, the Massenberg EQ, and Antares Auto-Tune.

I've also got a complete spare CPU/power supply and extra backplane cards, including 3 OPT-8 (lightpipe), 1 PDI-8 (AES/EBU), the digital I/O card, and an MFX card which could replace one of the UFX cards to unlock some different effects, and the original clock card (no wordclock connectors).

And, of course, if you buy a ProBox, it will allow you to run this board as a 24-channel wide Mackie Control surface. You'd have to buy it for about $300, but that's a lot of channels of Mackie Control. :)

This assemblage is heavy as sin and the original boxes are long gone, so some form of pickup would be the best choice. I'm in the Chicago area.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know and we can see if we can work something out. I'd rather sell this as a working unit than end up parting it out. (I might get more money by parting it out, but it would be a shame.)

Thanks!
Bill Roper

Re: d8b, extra cards, and extra cpu for sale

Postby Brad Martens » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:32 am

Hi, Bill
I see you recently posted a reply to one of my issues with my d8b. Solution not found yet. I may be interested in your unit.
I live about 1 hr North of Madison, so if you were interested in selling perhaps meeting 1/2 way would work. What version are you using and is the ram upgraded. What plug-ins do you have. The one I am using is ver 5.1 with all plug-ins unlocked. I may be interested in connecting both d8bs. Write back and tell me what you think. Thanks, Brad Martens.
Brad Martens

Postby Bill Roper » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:53 am

I can drive a ways. :) (God knows it's better than shipping.)

I'm running v5.1 with the original MB, but it's plugged up with as much RAM and the fastest CPU that was available. I've got the Acuma plugs from the old Bonanza pack unlocked, along with the Massenberg EQ and AutoTune.

You can drop me an e-mail at roper at filker dot com.

Thanks!
Bill Roper

Postby engineire » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Did you sell the cpu for the d8b?
engineire

Postby Bill Roper » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:36 am

Still got it. I'm checking it out now to make sure that it's well-behaved. It definitely powers up, but the BIOS settings were corrupted, so I'm rebuilding those now.
Bill Roper

Postby the boss » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:14 am

Hi

Any mfx cards for sale?
the boss

Postby Bill Roper » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:08 am

No, the MFX card is going with the mixer. I think I have a spare *UFX* card, but I'd have to take a look. Thanks!
Bill Roper

Postby thomcooper » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:39 am

Hi Bill,

Is this still available? If so, where abouts in the world are you?
thomcooper

Postby Bill Roper » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm in the Chicago area. I sold the d8b and the main CPU, but I still have the backup CPU and a number of cards for the backplane available (OPT-8, digital I/O, etc.).
Bill Roper

Postby thomcooper » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Ok.

I'm in the UK. I'd be interested in your ufx card. Just looking at buying an d8b. Been to look at it today. It's nice except for 8 sticking faders over all 3 banks. Do you know of anywhere to get this issue repaired? You mention that you have several plug in, presumably they're tied to the unit serial no?
thomcooper

Next

Return to d8b Forum