Change font size   Print view

d8b, extra cards, and extra cpu for sale

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: d8b, extra cards, and extra cpu for sale

Postby Dino » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:02 am

Bill Roper wrote:I'm in the process of rebuilding my studio. This means that I have a bunch of gear that I'm going to be trying to move through eBay unless I find someone else who's interested in it.

The centerpiece of this is my Mackie d8b digital mixer. This is a lovely piece of gear that is in perfect condition, save for the talkback button, which has sunken into the console in the way that's endemic for this design. Happily, it's easy enough to plug a footswitch into the back to regain the talkback functionality, which is what I've done for many years now.

It's loaded up with four of the UFX effects cards and has plenty of digital I/O, with 24 channels of ADAT lightpipe and 8 channels of AES/EBU, in addition to the built-in analog mic-pres and line in. And it's got the Apogee clock card for wordclock sync. It's running the last version of the Mackie software and has most of the plugins authorized, including the Acuma plugs, the Massenberg EQ, and Antares Auto-Tune.

I've also got a complete spare CPU/power supply and extra backplane cards, including 3 OPT-8 (lightpipe), 1 PDI-8 (AES/EBU), the digital I/O card, and an MFX card which could replace one of the UFX cards to unlock some different effects, and the original clock card (no wordclock connectors).

And, of course, if you buy a ProBox, it will allow you to run this board as a 24-channel wide Mackie Control surface. You'd have to buy it for about $300, but that's a lot of channels of Mackie Control. :)

This assemblage is heavy as sin and the original boxes are long gone, so some form of pickup would be the best choice. I'm in the Chicago area.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know and we can see if we can work something out. I'd rather sell this as a working unit than end up parting it out. (I might get more money by parting it out, but it would be a shame.)

Thanks!

can you infom your facebook add me maestro_dino@hotmal.com
Dino

Postby Mdawg » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Forum, i am looking for a d8b 56/72 cpu power supply for my mixer. If any one out there that have one for sale please contact me.
thanks
Mdawg

Postby RoughWoodStudio » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Tried to PM thomcooper, but couldn't. So, letting everyone know replacing those motorized faders is surprisingly easy. Solder sucker out the old ones and new ones solder in. Sourced mine from the original manufacturer; "alps" (I think) Not as hard as some would try to tell you.
RoughWoodStudio

Previous

Return to d8b Forum