Change font size   Print view

Repair...

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Repair...

Postby p2h » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:16 am

Ok, I really want to get my d8b ready for that probox so, I'm thinking that it's shop time!
After some reading, replacing stuff and such, my board probably needs the rail cap fix :cry:
But, last resort here-- could it possibly be the chip in the console for fader bank 1-8?? I've erased
the last session automation, re-calibration of faders, replaced a fuse when I got the dsp control error;
The board usually powers on w/out any stuck LEDs or twitching panpots, and then sometimes it does startup crazy.
I also still have that faderless control from the GUI and no audio passes through either. Please help because using the probox was one of the biggest reasons I bought that d8b for- control surface!! I really didn't want a big repair bill and then have to pay again for the probox too...thnx!
p2h

Re: Repair...

Postby munkustrap » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi

maybe I missed something, but it would be helpfull to have a video of your issue.
railcap Change is always a good first fix (even if it doesn't help it prevents from additional Fails in the future)

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Thanks for your time Munk---my d8b is now stuck in the "verifying pool data screen"; I had it on, booting to vers 3.o just on sunday, turn it on Monday and it's stuck? I made two copies of vers 3.o software on two CF cards just for a time like this, but it still will not boot. I've checked the bios and assume now that it must be something in the CPU? I replaced a blown fuse last week from the CPU...so, one thing gets fixed and then something else craps out keeping me guessing on what is really going on? Well, I really would like to keep it, but I'm still at a crossroad; thanks for the help...
p2h

Postby Bill Roper » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:41 am

Are you sure that you've got the BIOS settings for the CPU correct? The default settings will not work correctly, at least for the first motherboard that was used.
Bill Roper

Postby p2h » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:31 pm

Yes, Bill--I will check again, but I have the 300 MBoard and as soon as it happened monday, I checked the bios. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll post again later.
p2h

Return to d8b Forum