Change font size   Print view

Loose D8B Jog Wheel

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Loose D8B Jog Wheel

Postby Skeptrix Digital » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:38 am

Anybody have any tips on tightening the jog wheel? I've tightened it once before a while back while I was inside doing some maintenance, but it seems to get loose again fairly quickly. Last time I tightened it I used a needle nose pliers and nudged it bit by bit, all without removing the wheel itself... can anybody think of a better way to do this, and possibly a way to keep this from happening again in the future? Thanks much!

-andrew
Attachments
20141001_183138.jpg
20141001_183138.jpg (Array KiB) Viewed 650 times
Skeptrix Digital

Re: Loose D8B Jog Wheel

Postby Crash » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:49 pm

The only way I can think of is to pop the bottom off, remove the armrest and pop up the jog wheel cover to get at the nut. Lock tight, brute force and ignorance on the nut, and then put it all back together. If you can somehow pry the jog wheel cover up from the top, without doing serious cosmetic damage, you might get lucky. I would go the long route if it were me.

You might get by with a mini pick set and pop it from the top without damage the more I think about it. A mini pick set is like a dental looking device but more heavy duty with a screw driver type handle. Here is a link so you can see what I am talking about.

http://www.tooltopia.com/tool-aid-13900.aspx
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Loose D8B Jog Wheel

Postby Skeptrix Digital » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi there Crash... thanks much for the advice. I did exactly as you suggested and pried the wheel cover off with a pick. It worked like a charm, as long as I did everything slowly and deliberately. Unfortunately, I forgot to add the Loctite, so it will inevitably come loose again, but at least I know how to get under the cap now and the next time should be the last time. Thanks again for the clever and thorough advice.

Be well, -andrew
Skeptrix Digital

Return to d8b Forum