Change font size   Print view

D8b no audio anywhere

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

D8b no audio anywhere

Postby Jman72 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Hello first time poster. I am a student who built a multitrack recording studio at my university using a d8b and a tascam mx-2424. It has worked great for about 2 years but a week ago I got a call that it wasn't working so I came back to school to try to fix it. Here's what does work:
The board works fine for the most part. I have full control with mouse and keyboard as well as the desk itself. The multitrack recorder is synced to the board. It's being fed tdif. My cable to the boards analogue ins are fine and as far as I can tell the recorder is working and sending signal.
Here's my issue:
I see no audio anywhere on the console. At first I thought it was a sync error because I've had that make the thing freak out before. Then I thought it was the a to d converters. But this is also unlikely because neither my analogue ins nor my digital io are sending or receiving audio. I'd be happy to give more information. Sorry if this isn't enough. I'm really only a student and there is nobody else to work on this. It was so perfect. Id like to know if anybody else has had this problem
Jman72

Re: D8b no audio anywhere

Postby Crash » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: D8b no audio anywhere

Postby munkustrap » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:03 am

+/-16V supply blown.
No opamps will work. Zero audio, even no monitor controller
Or controlroom or inserts out.
munkustrap