Change font size   Print view

External Word Clock Suggestions???? Lucid Genx, Rosenthol??

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

External Word Clock Suggestions???? Lucid Genx, Rosenthol??

Postby topdiggy2 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Hello Guys -

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. I am in the process of migrating to PT HD setup. I need some suggestions on how to work out the clocking configuration with the 192 i/0 and the rest of my production setups.

Here is what im working with as far as PT is concerned.

Frontend ***Midi desk, live sources, mics, etc. all into dual D8b console****
(2) Mackie D8b Mixers (currently slaving my 2nd d8b, and all other interfaces to the master D8b internal Apogee word clock).

PT HD Rig (tape rig)
Hackintosh i7 w/ OSX 10.7.5
PT 8HD
HD4 system (1 x pcix core, 1 x pcix accel, 2 x pcix process cards)
(3) 192 i/o analog frames (with 2 digital cards)
(3) 888/24 units

NOTE: I haven't turn "on" the Pro Tools portion yet, missing a digilink cable. So my chain stops at mixing console for now. [/I]

WORKFLOW: Sources >>> Mixer console >>>> Pro Tool HD rig >>>> Console for monitoring mixing >>>> Master input in PTHD

My questions are:
1. I want to replace the mackie d8b word clock signal with a better external word clock that can clock everything in my setups. I think i have been having issues with more than 2-3 devices on the d8b's word clock card. I have performed the un-terminating mod,

I found this Rosenthol Nanosync and Lucid Genx 96 clock. I don't know anything about them...how do they compare to each other? Compared to the Apogee Word clock card?

Are their any others (besides the big ben, that's in the sub $400 price range) that will do a better job that the Digidesign 192 internal or D8b apogee clock?

2. If i do ad a external clock to the system...as far as wiring it to the 2X D8bs, the HD system, and the other gear in my system, how woud that look in regards to the D8bs?

Again, thanks for your advice!
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: External Word Clock Suggestions???? Lucid Genx, Rosentho

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:49 am

I use the Rosenthal. It is excellent and can work at double clock rates. Just a personal recommendation. Drives 6 devices. Brilliant.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Re: External Word Clock Suggestions???? Lucid Genx, Rosentho

Postby topdiggy2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:39 am

okay thanks!!
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum