Change font size   Print view

New to d8b

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

New to d8b

Postby dodgyg1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:10 am

Hi guys. Just bought a d8b and need some help and advice. My purchase has latest 5.1 OS and the following cards: Digital I/O AES/EBU, Apogee Clock I/O, PDI8 x2, and Apogee Digital I/O TDIF with ADAT x2. The main use for the desk will be tracking, mixing and control of DAW (Sonar X3). What interface card do I need for the d8b to integrate with my DAW? Secondly any advice on the best way of connecting it all together. Many thanks.

Best regards,

dodgyg1
dodgyg1

Re: New to d8b

Postby dodgyg1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:25 am

Looks like page 133 of manual has a good connection diagram. It does however show three Apogee digital I/O cards and I only have two. I assume this will reduce the I/O available to the DAW. I also read somewhere on the forum that the rme 9652 would be a suitable interface card so looks like I'll be going with that. Any other helpful advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Best regards,

dodgyg1
dodgyg1

Re: New to d8b

Postby Bill Roper » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:13 pm

The RME cards have been quite stable when interfacing to the d8b in my experience. You *might* want to snag a RayDAT card, which will give you 32 channels of ADAT I/O, depending on what your budget is. I used the extra 8 channels to integrate outboard digital gear into the DAW, using an external RME box that converted the lightpipe signal to and from AES/EBU.
Bill Roper

Return to d8b Forum