Change font size   Print view

Follow up on starting D8b 10 times

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Follow up on starting D8b 10 times

Postby Brad Martens » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:30 am

I ordered a card cage, but it came with a different style ribbon connector than the type that is in my d8b, so I am still waiting to replace it. While I was trying to get it working, I saw inside the efx card cage area and one of the ufx cards was flashing a red led, while 2 were flashing green leds. Does this mean the card is bad. I cannot find anything on this issue. The mixer still has the issue with receiving my clock source and I now know that it has to be the mixer, for I have a second d8b that has no issue seeing the clock source. I have swapped apogee cards and they both work in the new mixer but they are not working in my original mixer. I have reseated the ribbon cables multiple times and am going to try using the recommended DOW adhesive on them, the big fricken connector seems extremely loose. I'll keep trying, it will be cool to have 2 d8b's working together or at least that's the goal.
Brad Martens

Re: Follow up on starting D8b 10 times

Postby Crash » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Interesting...I don't remember there ever being more than one version of the PCB on the card cage, but then again it has been yeats and years since I have been inside a d8b.

Which one is different?

As for your flashing LEDs on the cards, I have a rig in front of me that has 2 MFX and one UFX. THe MFX cards have solid red LEDs on them toward the top of the meter bridge and a flashing green LED lower on the card after I loaded them. The UFX has two flashing green LEDS way inside toward the connecting edge. I wouldn't be concerned with that issue at this point until the clocking gets sorted out.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum