Change font size   Print view

Archive only???

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Archive only???

Postby Crash » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Both the d8b and HDR have been made into "archive read only" sections of the forum over at the mother ship. What the hell!?
Last edited by Crash on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Archive only???

Postby Mike Rivers » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Looks like we all got kicked off. I just came over here to say hello.
--
Understanding storage technology is not difficult. It is an ongoing process whereby larger and larger amounts of information can be lost by smaller and smaller mishaps.
Mike Rivers
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Those rat bastards!!!! It is lovely over here though..... How fitting it is that I get in the last word on the d8b side...Ha!!!
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby High C Double G » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Who and what is next??? congratulations on having the last word though... that is alright as opposed to alleft which would be alwrong or alright dependent upon your point of reference and compass settings. The writing is on the wall - we are merely bricks. Should I have vanilla or chocolate pudding today? the answer is yes I will!
Peace everyone,
Michael
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Damn it. My post counter was on 995 posts. Five to 1000 !!! Arrrrg! :evil:
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby anyhorizon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:04 am

Well, the HDR forum had been drawing attention to itself with a bit of bickering but I don't know about the d8b one. It's head and shoulders above any other forum over there in terms of activity. I sent a PM to the 2 moderators. I mean, it's a bit rude to just shut off the juice without a disconnection notice.

Send them a PM.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby csp » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:08 am

The day I have my first major problem and the forum stops --- BUT I did have the last topic --- sorry Crash!!!

I would be most pleased if some of you could have a look at that posting to see if you can give an answer.

Re the other forum. Seeing that it was closed, I contacted Mackie Support (TOM) and advised him of my problem and also advised him of the d8B forum situation. He advised me that he would contact the web people to see what was going on and to HOPEFULLY have the forum brought back on line.

Furthrt to my conversation with Tom, and on his advise, I swapped one of the OPT-8 cards with the DIO-8 card to see if the slot recognised the DIO-8 card --- it did and showed the ADAT settings, but the OPT-8 card in the ALT slot, still shows no input or output.

It can't possibly be that three cards could all go faulty while the desk was in storage --- electronically, this does not make any sense!!!!!

Finally, doing the ribbon cable thing, I discovered two cables disappearing under the card frame cage --- how do you get to these to check their connections. They are going to the cage, directly below the Tape card slots.

If any one has any advice can you post here and possibly post a note on the main forum (if it comes back), or e-mail me at --- cspsound@hotmail.com

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:35 am

Start another thread for the adat thing, David.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Petersueco » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:08 am

I just sent a PM to ronnal asking why the forums have been closed and if there is any chance that they will get back to normal operation.

You can also let you hear and be more visible in Mackie's Facebook page. :idea:

I just wrote on the wall there.

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mike Rivers » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:31 am

Crash wrote:Those rat bastards!!!! It is lovely over here though..... How fitting it is that I get in the last word on the d8b side...Ha!!!

And the last post in the HDR forum was from my old buddy ("I'm not rolandsmac") AGN pimping his gear for sale.

He did get in on the fun over in the d8b forum, too, in a discussion about constructing a MIDI breakout cable. The guy wanted to make a cable but with male connectors on the ends rather than females (I made one like that, too) and was asking if the pins were reversed from the diagram because of the different gender. I told him that the pin numbers were the same and that he should look at the numbers molded into the plastic insulator on the connector. AGN went off about how I was advising him to read the tiny numbers when my eyes were so bad that I couldn't see the display on my HDR.
--
Understanding storage technology is not difficult. It is an ongoing process whereby larger and larger amounts of information can be lost by smaller and smaller mishaps.
Mike Rivers
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to d8b Forum