Change font size   Print view

MFX Software Loads, but effects do not work

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

MFX Software Loads, but effects do not work

Postby kderector » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:28 pm

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to look.

I just purchased an MFX card that I am trying to confirm either works or does not. I have one other MFX card in the D8B that when I load the MFX 3.0 on it, it works fine, but when I load it in the new MFX card, it loads fine, but the effects do not work. I have tried swapping the cards around in the D8B and putting it in the place where the old MFX card was working, but to no avail, it still does not work.

Anyone have any thoughts of what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you,

Ken
kderector

Re: MFX Software Loads, but effects do not work

Postby Old School » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:28 am

Hi,
Sounds to me like you bought a defective card. JMHO.

Have a blessed day in Christ.
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Just as a matter of mentioning, if you have 2 mfx cards they should be in the first two slots, not separated. Don't know if that helps.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby shredless » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:17 am

I am the one that sold the card to him, Id like to sort it out for both of us. My d8b had UFX and MFX and the previous owner showed me the effects in action before I bought the unit. I barely used the effects as I was having trouble learning the d8b / hdr having come from a DAW. I ended up going with the ProBox and DAW again, and selling all my extra parts and cards

sounds like he is running one or the other (his old card or the new card) as well as a UFX, are the effects "on the card" or do they need some sort of loading? Would he be better trying to run both MFX at the same time? Im wondering if the second card adds to the first (the first being the master for his particular machine)???? ....Im unfamiliar myself.

thanks for any input you guys can give us
shredless

Postby kderector » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:58 am

I have tried them individually with just the one card, and it works with the old one but not the new. I dont see any jumpers on the card, so it cant be that.

Maybe dirty contacts? I can see if I can find a cleaner.
kderector

Postby kderector » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:41 am

So shredless had a good question. Do you have to authorize the new card for the console? I tried looking to see if I could re register Vocal Studio and Mackie Effects 3.0 and they both say they are already authorized, but those are only plugins. Is there a way to do the card?

BTW, I also tried the cards in slot 1 and 2 respectively and it still does not appear to be running effects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Ken
kderector

Postby FrankH » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:11 pm

I tried looking to see if I could re register Vocal Studio and Mackie Effects 3.0 and they both say they are already authorized
Just a FYI: Vocal Studio is built into all Mackie 3.0 EfX cards. If the console boots and sees two of them mounted, it automatically authorizes Vocal Studio. There is no serial number to be entered.

As a last ditch effort, please try and clean the edge connector. The quickest way is with the eraser from a fresh standard #2 pencil. Don't use an old pencil as the rubber may have turned to crap. After "erasing" it, wipe the connector down with a clean cloth to remove any leftover debris.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby shredless » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:43 pm

FrankH wrote:
I tried looking to see if I could re register Vocal Studio and Mackie Effects 3.0 and they both say they are already authorized
Just a FYI: Vocal Studio is built into all Mackie 3.0 EfX cards. If the console boots and sees two of them mounted, it automatically authorizes Vocal Studio. There is no serial number to be entered.

So would this mean that having a mfx and a ufx card installed...you would have a authorized Vocal Studio?
or do you need 2 mfx and ufx makes no difference?

I was trying to get the OP to try running Vocal Studio to see if they are working while 2 MFX cards are installed

unfortunately neither of us know exactly what we are doing and I as the seller, would like to get it resolved for him

thanks again for all your help
shredless

Postby Crash » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:11 pm

shredless wrote:
FrankH wrote:

So would this mean that having a mfx and a ufx card installed...you would have a authorized Vocal Studio?
or do you need 2 mfx and ufx makes no difference?

You need two MFX cards for vocal studio to work. You would think that it would work with one MFX and one UFX but it doesn't, needs to be two MFX cards.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby shredless » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:07 pm

Ok, that helps. thank you
shredless

Next

Return to d8b Forum