Change font size   Print view

MFX Software Loads, but effects do not work

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: MFX Software Loads, but effects do not work

Postby shredless » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 pm

Can any mfx card be inserted at random to any d8b and it run? Trying to eliminate the card being tied to a specific machine

I did send him an antares autotune manual and serial card which was purchased by the original owner of my d8b, and worked properly in mine...however, will not authorize with his, but we both slightly suspected that to happen
shredless

Postby Crash » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:58 pm

shredless wrote:Can any mfx card be inserted at random to any d8b and it run? Trying to eliminate the card being tied to a specific machine

I did send him an antares autotune manual and serial card which was purchased by the original owner of my d8b, and worked properly in mine...however, will not authorize with his, but we both slightly suspected that to happen

Autotune would only work with a UFX card and you guys have been talking MFX cards, so I am confused.

You should be able to use an MFX card in any d8b. I guess you could go over to the licensing page and see if Mackie Effects v3.0 build 52 is unlocked but I don't ever remember having to unlock anything for an MFX card. I will admit it has been years since I have been down that road but pretty sure it was pop and play as long a service pack 3 was installed.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby shredless » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:10 pm

The autotune was a separate situation... he purchased 1 UFX and 1 MFX from me. I was only relating a possible license issue
shredless

Postby Crash » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Gotcha. I lifted the following from the d8b FAQ page.

The MFX 3.0 plugin automatically unlocks IF you have an MFX Card installed in your D8B.
The IVL Vocal Studio plugin automatically unlocks IF you have more than one MFX card installed in your D8B.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby shredless » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Thats what I read as well

I was hoping he could get the vocal studio unlocked for more than the 10 minute demo period....that should mean that the card is working.... shrugs.... :?
shredless

Postby kderector » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:08 pm

My Apologies, I did not get a chance to try it last evening. I have been working extra hours. I will try again to get to it this evening.

Best Regards,
kderector

Postby kderector » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Good Morning,

So I spent a little time last night trying to repeat all the tasks suggested so far to make sure I didn't miss anything. I cleaned the contacts with the eraser as suggested by FrankH.

Here is my outcome.

-------------Slot 1---Slot 2

MFX--------New----Old---------Effects work on old card, software loads on new card. Leaves me with 4 AUX options, only 2 on the old card work
MFX--------Old-----New--------Effects work on old card, software loads on new card but do not work. Leaves me with 4 AUX options, only 2 on the old card work
MFX--------New----None-------Software loads, Leaves me with 2 AUX options, but effects do not work.
MFX--------Old-----None-------Software loads. Leaves me with 2 AUX options, effects work
MFX--------None--New---------Software loads, Leaves me with 2 AUX options, but effects do not work.
MFX--------None---Old---------Software loads. Leaves me with 2 AUX options, effects work

VS----------Old-------New--------Software loads on both cards. Leaves me with 4 available AUX settings. Effects work on Old card, not new. Does not time out at 7 Minutes.
VS----------New------Old---------Software loads on both cards. Leaves me with 4 available AUX settings. Effects work on Old card, not new. Does not time out at 7 Minutes.

So, from what I see, the new card "appears" to be functioning, the effects processing software loads on it, but does not work.

I hope I captured all the suggestions. I did not even include the UFX card in the test, just to keep one less variable.

If anyone had any thoughts on what else I can try, please let me know. Otherwise, I am not sure what the issue is other than the effects processing on the new card does not appear to work.

Thank you all again for your help.

Ken
kderector

Postby FrankH » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:18 am

A thorough set of tests clearly pointing out the "new" MXF card as defective.

If possible, try and get a refund or a replacement from the seller.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kderector » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Thank you FrankH,

Anyone have any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Ken
kderector

Postby shredless » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:31 pm