Change font size   Print view

Mackie d8b and reliability?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Mackie d8b and reliability?

Postby lyn69 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:29 am

I'm new to the Mackie D8B and forum and have had a look through some of the topics and I would just like to add a few things. I bought the D8B about a month ago and the hard drive started to play up. I got it cloned and I also got a computer tech guy to change the fans on the power supply and CPU and since then, not only is my Mackie power supply silent, but I have not had a single glitch and it boots up really quick too. The point I would like to make is that the Mackie and CPU are over 16 years old and the majority of problems will be software or CPU related. I strongly recommend that you clone your hard drive as this is going to be the majority of your problems. There is so much miss information on this, it's no wonder people on this forum end up going round in circles and getting frustrated. I also recommend you change the bios battery too. Running an old CPU and expecting it to perform like a modern computer is like using a high mileage car and expecting it to perform like a new one...It aint going to happen! I also got the activation codes from Mackie for the 5.1 software within 24 hours and unlike others on this site it worked first time for me, which makes me wonder can some of you enter a couple of numbers correctly?
My D8B works perfectly and is indispensable and I bought it for a steal :) I would recommend this desk at the prices you can get them for, but make sure you service the CPU. Also the guy who cloned my hard drive and fixed the fans did it all for 60 bucks happy days!
lyn69

Re: Mackie d8b and reliability?

Postby Old School » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:31 am

Hi,
Would you elaborate on the codes you say you got from Mackie? Are you saying you purchased the 5.1 operating system and they gave you a code that worked? If so, when might I ask did this take place as Mackie has been telling us the code generator is broken and there are no plans to fix it.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:40 am

yes I also would like know this to
how did you get the cods. to many people have tried to get the cods for there
board but could not.

Joe Allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby lyn69 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:41 am

yes I also would like know this to
how did you get the cods. to many people have tried to get the cods for there
board but could not.

I emailed Mackie's technical support at techmail@mackie.com and got a response within 24 hours. They told me they have all the activation codes stored on a server and all I had to do was submit my ESN number and they got back to me with a couple of extra codes for free plug ins too. I had no problem, so I don't know why this is an issue for some people on here.

Lyn
lyn69

Postby lyn69 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:46 am

Hi,
Would you elaborate on the codes you say you got from Mackie? Are you saying you purchased the 5.1 operating system and they gave you a code that worked? If so, when might I ask did this take place as Mackie has been telling us the code generator is broken and there are no plans to fix it.

The code generator is broken, which is why you must email them direct. They have all the codes stored on a server. I did this about 2 weeks ago as I'm new to the D8B as I stated in my first post :)

Lyn
lyn69

Postby the boss » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:54 am

He is new to the console and might think it's a revolution to get new fans and so on.
I think most of the owners knows what I'm talking about.
And about the replacement of the hard drive.
Get a life and mount a cf card....,
About the OS .... No comments.

I've got 3 d8b's in a network with 0ne HDR and two sdr's and I will try to help all of you the best I can if you got some questions about the issues instead of making things up.
the boss

Postby the boss » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:00 am

I've been in contact with the mackie crew in Sweden and I can tell you all..... No codes....
the boss

Postby lyn69 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:04 am

He is new to the console and might think it's a revolution to get new fans and so on.
I think most of the owners knows what I'm talking about.
And about the replacement of the hard drive.
Get a life and mount a cf card....,
About the OS .... No comments.

I've got 3 d8b's in a network with 0ne HDR and two sdr's and I will try to help all of you the best I can if you got some questions about the issues instead of making things up.

LOL! I am new, but not making anything up. I'm a studio owner and have been for the last 20 years. All I wanted to do was big up the D8B, as I think it is a very underrated desk. With regards to the CPU fan, there is a lot of miss information on this forum, when the CPU just uses standard PC parts. Also these machines are old by computer standards which is why I stated a simple service of the CPU is recommended. I am interested to know how you use 3 D8B's.. sounds like you got a cool set up :)

Lyn
lyn69

Postby lyn69 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:06 am

I've been in contact with the mackie crew in Sweden and I can tell you all..... No codes....

Contact techmail@mackie.com I got them within 24 hours trust me I had no problems, as they have all the codes on a server. :)

Lyn
lyn69

Postby garrett21allen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:32 pm

a lot of people have tried to get the cods and you know Mackie has been informed
about this. so if what you say is true then why has Mackie not told all the people that has ask
about the cods. Mackie has even been giving a bad name just because of not giving people the
cods so if this was true you know Mackie would let people know this so it would make Mackie look good.

Joe Allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to d8b Forum