Change font size   Print view

D8b sound differences

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

D8b sound differences

Postby Mikeytred » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Hello all.. I'm looking to purchase a 2nd D8B to run into the AES in of my main D8B. Will it automatically show at my Main D8Bs Master LR? I would control the level to the Main LR via the 2nd D8Bs Master LR out if so I assume.

Also is there any difference in sound from Version 3 OS to Version 5 as I can purchase an older d8b as my 2nd unit. Thanks so much everyone! :)
Mikeytred

Re: D8b sound differences

Postby Crash » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Mikeytred wrote:Hello all.. I'm looking to purchase a 2nd D8B to run into the AES in of my main D8B. Will it automatically show at my Main D8Bs Master LR? I would control the level to the Main LR via the 2nd D8Bs Master LR out if so I assume.

Also is there any difference in sound from Version 3 OS to Version 5 as I can purchase an older d8b as my 2nd unit. Thanks so much everyone! :)

Running two d8b's is shown in the manual I believe and there is one or two that have done it here, me not being one of them.

As for the differences in sound, I believe that V3 and V5 differed in the EQ algorithms. Other than that, I would think the sound should be the same.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: D8b sound differences

Postby the boss » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:47 am

Hi

I've got two d8b's together in my studio.

Connect it in the same network and tell the d8b' s what they need... All to find in the manuals.

Yes there's a lot of things to synchronize.
The best way to do is to connect in the alt I/o if you got that option card.
Adat out from slave to in on master..., then you'll get your master out from slave to one of your returns on master.

You can configure it almost any way you want.
the boss

Return to d8b Forum