Change font size   Print view

mfx/ufx

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

mfx/ufx

Postby micha » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:18 pm

hi all.....just a cpl ?s about th digital fx cards.

the d8b has 4 slots for the fx cards-----2ufx/2mfx. although finding these cards may be tough as they are becoming a rarity, if u purchase them, lets say, on ebay....how will one know if they are not duplicate cards even though its from 2 different sellers?

secondly.....if they are a combination how does one differentiate between them apart from being lisited as ufx or mfx?

again tnx all for any insight u can give me...gr8ly appreciate it.
micha

Re: mfx/ufx

Postby Crash » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:33 pm

You can run any combination of cards you want, 4 of one 1 and 3, whatever you want. I run 1 MFX card and 3 UFX cards.

I am not sure what you mean by duplicate cards.... The cards are printed on as to what they are be it UFX or MFX. The UFX card allows you to run third party plugins that were developed for the d8b. I believe you got the Mackie mono delay and the TC verb gratis and pay as you go after that. The MFX, which gets bagged on a lot, has some useful verbs, delays, choruses, etc. They are on the card and ready to go once you get the card going.

Hope that helps you out.

Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby micha » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:19 am

hi crash....tnx for your reply.

i guess what i need to know is when i am shopping for mfx or ufx cards do they each have a serial # or designation for what kind of fx card they are so i dont purchase two of the same?

for instance:
lets say i purchase an mfx card on ebay with a serial number 212jd.......if the next time i want to purchase another mfx card will the number designation be different than the one i used as an example. i just dont want to buy 2 identical mfx cards.

hope that helps clarify my ?s
micha

Postby Crash » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:04 pm

micha wrote:hi crash....tnx for your reply.

i guess what i need to know is when i am shopping for mfx or ufx cards do they each have a serial # or designation for what kind of fx card they are so i dont purchase two of the same?

for instance:
lets say i purchase an mfx card on ebay with a serial number 212jd.......if the next time i want to purchase another mfx card will the number designation be different than the one i used as an example. i just dont want to buy 2 identical mfx cards.

hope that helps clarify my ?s

All MFX cards are the same. If you buy two they will be identical in terms of F/X on them. There are quite a few F/X on them fyi and each card can run two F/X. For example card 1 could run a delay and reverb and card 2 could run a chorus and ambience. You could run four instances of the exact same thing if desire across the the 2 cards. Serial numbers don't come into play here. MFX stands for Mackie F/X so these were all designed by Mackie, some to sort of replicate some Lexicon settings, etc. A lot of people don't care for the F/X on that card but I find it useful and there is generally something that will get used in the mix from the MFX card usually.

Hopefully that clarifies your concerns on these cards.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby micha » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:23 pm

perfect.......u did clarify everything. i really appreciate your quick responses and help. tnx again
micha

Return to d8b Forum