Change font size   Print view

D8B won't boot after losing bios settings

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: D8B won't boot after losing bios settings

Postby drbebob1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Sorry--- I have been sick for a couple of days so I haven't tried your ideas but will do so soon. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know if I can get it up and running.
I have tried three video cards, all of which are supposed to be compatible; so I also thinking it is something else.
drbebob1

Postby drbebob1 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:31 pm

I tried all of the above and was unable to successfully boot.
I am looking at two problems: 1) unable to boot 2) no video. Am I correct in assuming that these problems may be interrelated thru loss of bios settings?
The board is designed to boot without GUI. Is it also designed to adjust bios setting without GUI?
drbebob1

Postby Mike Rivers » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:53 pm

I've encountered video cards, even one that was supposed to be an ATI 7000, that hang up the bus and prevent the computer from booting. There have been lots of versions of that model over the years and newer ones won't work with this old motherboard. You need one that's full of dust and grime from a 15 year old computer.
--
Understanding storage technology is not difficult. It is an ongoing process whereby larger and larger amounts of information can be lost by smaller and smaller mishaps.
Mike Rivers
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:33 pm

I have a couple fully functional spare OEM video boards lying around. I've you've made no headway and you think your video board may be suspect, PM me.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby drbebob1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks bitSync. I'll let you know as soon as I try some recommendations from Mike Rivers. I have yet to find my USB floppy writer... I know it's around here somewhere...
drbebob1

Previous

Return to d8b Forum