Change font size   Print view

Arrival to the desk

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Arrival to the desk

Postby scizzor127 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:57 pm

Hey D8b forum, I've recently aquired a Mackie D8B mixer with Power CPU - I had to order the missing cables which I was referred to by other posts on this forum.
I have also extracted the 3.0 version to a floppy disk, unfortunately I recieve "unhandled PIC interrupt IRQE" upon booting the install-application. A green star lids in the upper right corner and leaves me at a black screen (With the exception of the green star which is flashing)

I should also mention that "Error 43" keeps showing at the Mackie D8B, but I figured it should disappear when the application was correctly installed.

I feel like I have tried everything to counter the problems I've been facing, but this particulair line stops me from being able to continue.
I hope someone can lend me a helping hand. :?

Edit: Upon waiting at black screen, the D8B restarts trying to load host, and returns to error 43
scizzor127

Re: Arrival to the desk

Postby Bruce Graham » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:10 am

Hi Scizzor127;

Error 43 is a communication problem that is fixed, in most cases, by cleaning all of the contacts on all of the cables inside the d8b console and the CPU. Use a good contact cleaning and be careful. Do them one at a time.

Also, change the battery in the CPU, then check the BIOS for the proper set up. It can also make the d8b do funny things. Note: you will get Error 43 when you are changing the BIOS. There are 2 different motherboards and they are different form each other. Find out which you have (Check the Maintenance sections for that), then find the BIOS setting (again in the Maintenance section).

Try those and check the maintenance section of the Forum and try searching "Error 43". There is lots of help on this problem.

Don't give up. It is fixable.

Post back.
Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Exactly...Bruce is right

Error 43 is a BIOS problem... It can be fixed.

Good luck
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby scizzor127 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:06 pm

I haven't screwed the D8b nor the CPU up yet.

I've set everything in the Bios to setup mode which doesn't seem to do anything, it's still running the application and "crashing"

Am I wrong thinking that the D8B will connect to the host as soon as d8b 3.0 has been installed?
I've read quite a few posts, and all I can find of any help is that the hardware might be causing the problems.
I'm sure that the D8B and CPU is old and have never been used.

I'm also not sure of what you(bruce) mean by "Changing the battery"
But I will clean the contacts as soon as I get my hands on a good contact cleaner.
scizzor127

Postby Crash » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:08 pm

Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum