Change font size   Print view

INTERNET CONNECTION ON MACKIE D8B?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

INTERNET CONNECTION ON MACKIE D8B?

Postby SwaggyFlacko » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:51 am

Hello my name is Sam, I'm new to Mackie and I need help downloading the new software version 5.1 for my Mackie D8b. I have my Mackie connected to the internet i just don't know how to get to the internet on the Mackie's cpu. Every time i boot up my Mackie it says something about a demo asking for a user code. I would also like to know if it is possible to use the Mackie d8b with my mac computer so i can use the mackie as a control surface or use it period with my mac. Help me please!!!
SwaggyFlacko

Re: INTERNET CONNECTION ON MACKIE D8B?

Postby Crash » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:04 pm

These is no way to connect the d8b to the internet to download the OS. If you don't already have version 5.1 you are not gonna get it either. There is an unlock code that needed to be generated from Mackie and the computer they used to do that is dead and they have no desire to sink the money into fixing it. There is a thread on here concerning the entire sad story. Unfortunately, the d8b is way old technology and Mackie supported it much longer than I ever thought they would but at this point in time it just doesn't make since financially to mess with it from their point of view.

Sorry I don't have better news for ya' and welcome to the forum by the way.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby the boss » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:15 am

Hi
Connect to your Mac with a ftp client.
Use anonym and default C:
You have to use a Ethernet switch and I suppose you know how to do the ip thing...,.

Hui mode is only possible with OS 5.1.
If you want a wonderful controller get a probox.
Read all about it in the probox forum.

Download v3 that's the only way for you to get yours to work, if you don't got the serial for OS 5.1.

good luck :)
the boss

Postby the boss » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:18 am

Oh...by the way... The Ethernet connection is only to access the d8b drive.... Peace.
the boss

Return to d8b Forum