Change font size   Print view

Possible fix for sticking PS2 mouse...

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Possible fix for sticking PS2 mouse...

Postby djfresha » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Just a quick chime in..... for those who may have similar sticky PS2 mouse on the Itox - DFI CB50-BX RevA motherboard (the one where you only have the large MIDI Keyboard socket and the Ps2 mouse socket is on a bracket connected to the 6 pin connector on the board)

Was pulling my hair out as the mouse was sticking for a few days... removed the plug, left it, plugged it in a few days later still no joy... found that you can only semi-navigate around OS5.1 with the keyboard, fortunately I've got the d8b maxed out with all plugins a couple of months ago and already got those authorized.. so nothing major there..... anyway...

I couldn't find anything anywhere with regards to BIOS updates(couple hours Googling with no luck) - After a bit of perseverance, managed to come across this link regarding BIOS update for CB50-BX....

http://www.dfi-itox.com/pages/products/ ... 122200.htm

Thought got nothing to lose, found another mobo on ebay for £100approx so had a bit of a contingency if I fragged the bios in this one (the mouse was dead, so thought hell bite the bullet)

Updated the BIOS (you'll get the bios flash utility to complete, when it gets to the end you get F1 to Reboot or F10 to Exit IIRC), but updater froze... think once it's re-flashed the utility gets 'stuck', so kicked off the d8b, waited 10secs, rebooted fingers crossed....

Booted up fine ... got into OS5.1.... mouse in the centre, wasn't expecting anything but then I could move the mouse again!

Might be a gracing fix for those who were at a loose end.
djfresha

Return to d8b Forum