Change font size   Print view

Unique problem? D8B format fail.

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Unique problem? D8B format fail.

Postby jtomaszewski » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:43 am

Hi all - I am new here, and believe me I tried to search through the forum before I post my question...

I think my problem might be somewhat unique...

I just got D8B from CR. There is nothing on the hard drive (or it is damaged), so I got new one and followed the steps from: "TEN GOLDEN TIPS FOR HARD DISK REPLACEMENT OF A MACKIE D8B". Every combination I try gives me similar results - Cannot format Disc, contact support. I tried formatting it with different methods outside of Mackie's CPU also. When I just tru to install the os (5.1 version), it goes through all 3 discs and gives me the "memory extraction error" at the end.
I tried with version 5.0 (I also have 3 discs), even tried with SP3...

Does it look like mt new hard drive is also damaged?

Thank you for any suggestions - and in advance I apologize if this has beed discussed and I missed it...

Jakub. (Colorado)
jtomaszewski

Re: Unique problem? D8B format fail.

Postby anyhorizon » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:19 am

Did you establish that the new HD is only 32 Gig or at the very least, clamped to 32 Gig. Won't work otherwise.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby jtomaszewski » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi Peter,
Unfortunately I only have the 160GB, but I did set it to 32 by the clamp. I will try getting 32gb one on Monday if that may help...

Thanks!
jtomaszewski

Postby dannysunde » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:49 pm

I just went through the same thing, also following the instructions in the "Ten Golden Tips". It was an arduous and painful process! Both of the error messages you mentioned became all too familiar :)

The mistake I made was in getting a Western Digital drive (even though one was recommended) - trying to jumper that with the special settings, and running Western Digital's tools (which no longer seem to format a drive, unlike their instructions). What a nightmare! I never could get it to format larger than 2.1 GB.

I finally broke down and bought a Seagate 80 GB drive. It was easy to jumper that to 32 GB (one jumper), and the drive formatted the 1st time with no errors. Then the installation proceeded with no problems.

That's what I would recommend. Hopefully you haven't already ordered your drive.
dannysunde

Return to d8b Forum