Change font size   Print view

Locator Problem

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Locator Problem

Postby Phil.c » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi All,

This is an odd one!

All my projects have a Locator 1 to the start, when I open a project and select Locator 1 the locator snaps to the beginning as it should, if I roll transport and select locator 1 again I get the message "Locator to Cue" but nothing happens.

If I open another project the same thing happens, adding a different locator or locator point doesn't work.

Bios on d8b and HDR is correct.

Looks like a re-load of 5.1? but...if I do so will the 5.1 code be recognised also I assume that the purchased plugin will need re-loading...same question...will their codes work!

All help appreciated.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Locator Problem

Postby Crash » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:11 pm

That is a weird one... I would start with cleaning all of my Midi connections before I got crazy with OS re-installs. I have had odd behavior go away with just reseating all of the midi stuff but I am guessing this is beyond that. It is where I would start just the same.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Seeing the exact nature of just one locator movent per project I guessed like you that there is more to this, but just in case, the midi cable connections have all been re-seated, with no difference!

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:40 am

So...does anyone know if the codes will still work with a 5.1 reload and plugins??

Another question :) , I no longer use my slave d8b, if I just swap d8b's, in other words use my slave d8b with the master cpu, will that work ok, as far as I know cpu's and d8b's are not matched as pairs?

The projects will need to be copied to floppies and loaded to the slave.

There's also another problem that popped up, when pressing the record button the light comes on but recording is not alway possible but it is with a punch-in? I will try a switch clean!

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Actually, the CPU and d8b do pair in a sense. You could pull off what you want with the slave d8b and master cpu if you swap the master d8b brain board into the slave d8b. I don't see why you original codes wouldn't work though, if you do an OS reload.

Any chance you are loading a corrupt file to begin with? Do you have your rig set up to "Load last" or does it load a regular start up file? If you are loading a regular start up file, trash it and the console will create a new one on the next boot up. If you are going down the "load last" path, ditch it and go back to a plain start up scenario.

Another thought might be to swap your midi card out of the slave cpu into the new one to rule out any oddities there.

I hate when stuff breaks half way. Makes a fix find much harder...Keep us posted.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Thanks Crash.

The desk loads Startup on bootup but I didn't think about deleting the Startup file, I'll give is a go, failing that I'll swap the midi cards just to see.

Just come across this, I have just browsed over it.

http://crackbase.com/crack-mackie-d8b-v ... de-serial/

Phil

PS do the plugins need to be re-loaded after an OS re-load?
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:57 pm

I have never seen that Crackbase site before...interesting. If that indeed works, I would be surprised that it hasn't been mentioned here before, or maybe I just missed it. Mackie should have all of your codes on file there if it gets all sideways on you. They just can't generate any new codes for you.

The plugs will need to be reloaded after a full on OS reload I believe.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:40 am

I have all the codes, I tried the delete Startup but the problem is still there, a midi card swap next.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:57 pm

I don't think there's any need for a midi card swap as I don't think that's the problem...I have just notice that fader automation doesn't work any more :cry: So it's probably a bug in the OS?
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum